Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

461 - 480 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
You can do it from web page after you have logged in (I think this one: Octopus Energy).
You cannot change the tariff again within 30 days.
I can't see any way to do this?

As an aside, Octopus Compare (using my actual usage) shows that Agile has only cost me £20 over Go Faster for the last month. Once the wind picks up again, Agile will get cheaper again, and hopefully this will balance out the painful prices we are seeing this week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sent an email this morning asking about Go Faster and had an email back before lunch with a link to select the option I'd prefer.
The email said I'd hear back within a week.
I emailed this morning as well requesting to go onto Go Faster. Got an email back but offering me Octopus Go

40KWh Tekna, love it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, I could see this coming - that's why I was trying to get off the tracker as quick as I could!
Yeah it's eye watering today. Only went in tracker as an interim to getting on go out agile. Unfortunately a problem with the smart meter company meant a three week delay on fitting it and I'm waiting to get onto a go faster tariff. Can't come soon enough.

I want to get into agile eventually but there might be a process of education to get my family too watch their usage more and go might be a better first step.

Only hope the agile tariff survives the loss of customers and it's still going in a few months!

Reactions: Harry_Zoe

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,273 Posts
Whooooaaaahhh!!! FFS, just seen today's agile.

Well, after asking to go on Go Faster in AUGUST I appear to be at the brink of changing over my tariff.

So;

How long does it take to change to Go Faster?

Answer; between one day to 5 months ... :confused:

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,452 Posts
I emailed this morning as well requesting to go onto Go Faster. Got an email back but offering me Octopus Go

40KWh Tekna, love it!
4 hour Go at 5p vs 5 hour Go Faster for me had a difference of 20-40p / day. I asked for Go Faster and would have taken Go but option was throwing error.

Glad I switched. Utilities running when I’m awake is also better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,452 Posts
Whooooaaaahhh!!! FFS, just seen today's agile.

Well, after asking to go on Go Faster in AUGUST I appear to be at the brink of changing over my tariff.

So;

How long does it take to change to Go Faster?

Answer; between one day to 5 months ... :confused:
Once you send the email the forms, ping Phil on Twitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm going to ride out the storm for a month or two before considering a switch. I'm lucky I live alone and my EV is hardly used due to lockdown+WFH
Me too. I've also got solar panels although today I only just covered my base load from about 9.30 with a tiny bit of export as I've been avoiding loads today. I'm profligate with this 'ere desktop though!:)

The other reason for not switching is sheer inertia, and although I'm retired I can find other things to do with my time. It occurs to me also that if this situation does persist longer term general rates will need to increase. At least some sunnier days will help me with my own solar panels, and I imagine make a small contribution to keeping rates down as well during the middle of the day.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sticking with Agile and using it as its intended to be used by using when cheapest,

Will ride it out, appreciate Octopus offering such a tariff.
Do not need to charge cars much at moment but picking the best times currently is still much cheaper than putting fuel in my Diesel car.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #479
The problem with Agile is that it brings with it its own form of addiction - you get hooked on using the cheaper times, and then become anxious when the prices don't allow it - you lose the ability to realise that you're probably still saving money most of the time. However, these latest prices are beyond that, and I'm afraid that moving away is for me a non-brainer.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The problem with Agile is that it brings with it its own form of addiction - you get hooked on using the cheaper times, and then become anxious when the prices don't allow it - you lose the ability to realise that you're probably still saving money most of the time. However, these latest prices are beyond that, and I'm afraid that moving away is for me a non-brainer.
Certainly, I plan on returning to Agile in the spring. Historically, is Agile not expensive at this time of year anyway?

461 - 480 of 570 Posts