Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

481 - 500 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
agile now has nothing to do with "working with long term average" or "adjusting use away from 4-7pm" Agile is simply the most expensive tariff right now and you'd have to be crazy to be on that tariff without solar+batteries (and using its high exports rates) . Specially when you can jump into GO for a month and then come back IF agile gets anywhere what it used to be.

When i joined agile was months of regular 2-4p rates every night. ALL DAY expect 4-7PM under 10p and so on. ... now? paying 20-35p all day from 9AM? every single day non stop. nah. Agile average prices for the last month have been triple of what they were ever before.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,273 Posts
I think the problem with Agile is that the cost calculator is a multiplier rather than an add-on.

If they amortised the profit margin they wanted to make linearly then it'd make sense to me and not end up with such steep increases nor silly low nonsenses.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Apart from the whole "you're on a beta tariff, so you need to everything via email with the team" thing, I have to say that price-wise Octopus are pretty darn good. I've just emailed my request to move to their fixed gas tariff at 2.8 p/kWh, well below anything seen on the few less than thorough internet searches I've done.

On the electricity front, it looks like about 10% of my consumption (outside car charging) is in the 20:30 - 01:30 off peak period even without any load-shifting, which is equivalent to a 13.3 p/kWh fixed rate, again below any comparable fixed tariff I've seen.

Hopefully these rates are realistic and sustainable, but it looks pretty good I have to say.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Apart from the whole "you're on a beta tariff, so you need to everything via email with the team" thing, I have to say that price-wise Octopus are pretty darn good. I've just emailed my request to move to their fixed gas tariff at 2.8 p/kWh, well below anything seen on the few less than thorough internet searches I've done.

On the electricity front, it looks like about 10% of my consumption (outside car charging) is in the 20:30 - 01:30 off peak period even without any load-shifting, which is equivalent to a 13.3 p/kWh fixed rate, again below any comparable fixed tariff I've seen.

Hopefully these rates are realistic and sustainable, but it looks pretty good I have to say.
I went with Utility Point for gas, 2.5570p per unit for me, might be worth a look for you? (If interested in moving, please feel free to use my referral code in signature)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,972 Posts
I think the problem with Agile is that the cost calculator is a multiplier rather than an add-on.

If they amortised the profit margin they wanted to make linearly then it'd make sense to me and not end up with such steep increases nor silly low nonsenses.
That's less likely to cause the movement of demand that they want to see - people react to extremes far more than small movements. Hence why some posts are worded the way that they are. :devilish:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I went with Utility Point for gas, 2.5570p per unit for me, might be worth a look for you? (If interested in moving, please feel free to use my referral code in signature)
Thanks for the suggestion. I won't follow up on it just now, as I've only just switched from EDF to Octopus, but I've added Utility Point to my budgeting sheet so I remember to check them next time I move, along with a note of your referral code. Utility Point has replaced Symbio on my shortlist!

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
268 Posts
Low 11.47p / Ave 22.43p (n)
wow, 3 x 35p peaks tomorrow. If you need a charge tomorrow, probably cheaper to use a rapid at Lidl, or use an Instavolt taking advantage of the recent referral promotion on the new app!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
When I suggested on another forum that there must have been a mass exodus away from Agile: Tracker Electricity and Tracker Gas in recent days, I was firmly put in my place. I can live, and I have lived, with numerous temporary blips but looking at the recent direction of travel, all the wholesale price graphs appear to be getting steeper. For example, Tracker Gas has doubled its wholesale price in 6 months. One wonders how many of the smaller suppliers might go to the wall.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I won't follow up on it just now, as I've only just switched from EDF to Octopus, but I've added Utility Point to my budgeting sheet so I remember to check them next time I move, along with a note of your referral code. Utility Point has replaced Symbio on my shortlist!
Good stuff. They actually had a very competitive electric rate too but I wanted to try a peak/of peak tariff or Agile. Bit of a funny one as they don't show up on comparison sites for single fuel only

·
Registered
867 Posts
Good stuff. They actually had a very competitive electric rate too but I wanted to try a peak/of peak tariff or Agile. Bit of a funny one as they don't show up on comparison sites for single fuel only
That's what I meant by half-hearted :)

If I can't get a simple tariff overview off their website in less than about 60 seconds then the chances of me using that supplier plummet rapidly. More to look for on the web than "good deals"!

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
268 Posts
Ok, lets address the elephant in the room; are we in danger of even the Go tariff suddenly having its prices doubled ? it is after all not fixed, so should we be looking at a properly fixed tariff elsewhere ? or will this settle down ?
Fixed rates have jumped up in the last month too. I fixed with Symbio Energy at start of December for under 11p per kwh. Their cheapest fix is now over 13p (still cheaper than Agile has been for most of last the few days though) ;)

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
You've had 11 months of cheap electricity and you get one month where it's high, and everyone is blowing their tops over it and switching to GO.

I don't get it. :unsure:

481 - 500 of 570 Posts