Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think it’s less than it used to be with Powerwall2, just haven’t got an EV to charge foc with the excess.
We're the other way round, 2 EV's but no battery. A battery to cover the peak prices would be great.
My wife is at home now so I can alternate cars and try to fill from the sun only. That would work better if the Zappi was working properly. I'm only monitoring it from the app but it seemed to stop charging the car much earlier than it should have done.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
We're the other way round, 2 EV's but no battery. A battery to cover the peak prices would be great.
My wife is at home now so I can alternate cars and try to fill from the sun only. That would work better if the Zappi was working properly. I'm only monitoring it from the app but it seemed to stop charging the car much earlier than it should have done.
Myenergi are all working from home, but still all working, so suggest you get in contact... forum, twitter etc. to see if there is an issue.
i have only managed a quick check to see if our Zappi basically works when we test drove the new Soul 64kWh last week Monday.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
There are a number of posts on another forum suggesting that there should be a discount to cover the cost of increased usage due to CV19.
Really? What are people expecting? If you want a smaller bill use less energy! If you can't pay because you are out of work call the energy provider and agree to reduce the DD down.

Great thing with Octopus is you can reduce the DD yourself. Mine is set at £1, and I was able to change it to that when the account was only £9 in credit.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,269 Posts
There are a number of posts on another forum suggesting that there should be a discount to cover the cost of increased usage due to CV19.
If someone is really that tight on money they can get up earlier and go to bet at sunset. Then they don't need lighting and shift their usage to before 4PM.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If someone is really that tight on money they can get up earlier and go to bet at sunset. Then they don't need lighting and shift their usage to before 4PM.
Looking at your post time... is that what you are doing?

·
26,269 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
How do people see how much they actually used for each of the 30 mins periods?
You get a graph like this, 24 hours later.

The car dominated my usage that day. You can hover over the bars to get readings, or there's a big long table of figures below it.
You can also inquire via the API, if you're that way inclined.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Since switching to Agile a couple of weeks ago I think I've halved my electricity bill. There have been significant savings in my regular, non car charging, electric usage cost. For the car charging I check the next days rate and then adjust the maximum unit price I'm willing to pay on the Ohme app to ensure I get a full charge. Rates are all over the place at the moment, peak rate was as low as 19 pence tonight.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Does anyone know if tariff hopping is possible / allowed [ / considered reasonable] ? I'm on Go at present but Agile would definitely make more sense for the next month or two. I'd want to switch back to Go if/when things return to something approaching normal. Anyone tried this please?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does anyone know if tariff hopping is possible / allowed [ / considered reasonable] ? I'm on Go at present but Agile would definitely make more sense for the next month or two. I'd want to switch back to Go if/when things return to something approaching normal. Anyone tried this please?
You can switch between them usually by midnight the same night. Then back again if you want.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There doesn’t seem to be any restrictions from octopus, so just do it. Switch Seems to happen within a day or so.

·
26,269 Posts
You can switch between them usually by midnight the same night. Then back again if you want.
Really? What does that involve? Does it happen automatically so you are not upsetting anyone by flipping back and forth each time you want to charge your car!? ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Really? What does that involve? Does it happen automatically so you are not upsetting anyone by flipping back and forth each time you want to charge your car!? ;)
I don’t really know why you would want to..lol I went go to agile not going back.. haha

·
26,269 Posts
I don’t really know why you would want to..lol I went go to agile not going back.. haha
c
... cos it's more than 5p/kWh overnight and you need to charge your car up and go somewhere the next day! ... ;)

221 - 240 of 616 Posts