·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,349 Posts
pfftt blast, already filled the car...

Shame no electric heating in the house.

·
26,349 Posts
I wouldn't bother either but, heck ... not like I have much better things to do .... for two more weeks ..... !

I might be awake by then anyway, I can just keep boiling the kettle! lol

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
(
Negative pricing again tonight folks!
So I see your data is showing the same oddity too.
the half hour time slots are missing between 00:30 and 02:00 hrs. ????

Does that mean the data is missing or it’s the same rate for all those periods?
I assume data is missing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
(

So I see your data is showing the same oddity too.
the half hour time slots are missing between 00:30 and 02:00 hrs. ????

Does that mean the data is missing or it’s the same rate for all those periods?
I assume data is missing.
Probably related to the clocks going forward one hour tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Probably related to the clocks going forward one hour tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh of course, totally forgotten that would be the reason. I kept reading it as 1.5hrs. Doh 🙄 Next year it will stop happening, at last. Be interesting to see if there is some realignment of countries and zones too as France, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands and the U.K. should all be the same.

·
26,349 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dishwasher , Washing machine,immersion heater,twin oven, and Gtec Vacume recharge all going on at 14:00.HRS
Set a reminder on google home.
Agile best thing since sliced bread !
Has anyone tried the ECOPUSH actuator to remotely start the washing machine?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I managed to hit the 100A grid limit on the myenergi products last night between 4 & 5. I set the timers on the dishwasher and tumbledrier but forgot to allow for the clocks going forward so started them at 4 not 3. Still had 2 cars and 2 immerson heaters on from 3-5.30 so might have 50p credit.

@donald the change between tariffs happens at midnight so you can't switch to charge the car. I can imagine there would be comments if you tried to switch every day anyway.

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro on way Mitsubishi Outlander just gone
8 Posts
Dishwasher , Washing machine,immersion heater,twin oven, and Gtec Vacume recharge all going on at 14:00.HRS
Set a reminder on google home.
Agile best thing since sliced bread !
Has anyone tried the ECOPUSH actuator to remotely start the washing machine?
I just bought some smart plugs and schedule them/use Alexa.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,742 Posts
I am now on Agile. :)

Is anyone using the Octopus API to get the rates?

The API rates seem not to match the web site???
Are you sure you're grabbing the correct regional pricing?

Notice the subtle differences here

·
Registered
293 Posts
Update... I am getting the correct pricing but it seems that the web site is using BST and the API is using GMT.
The timestamps the API returns have the time zone embedded. The Z on the end denotes they are GMT.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
For those that want to get your actual use figures into a spreadsheet such as Excel you can use the Octopus API to pull the data into your browser. It comes down in JSON format but this can be converted online to CSV which can then be used in Excel or Google Sheets etc.

You can use the API to also pull down the prices for each 30 mins period. If you have a bit of spare time (and who doesn't with the virus at the moment!) you can then tie the two up in Excel and price up each 30 min period and calculate your actual cost for each 30 min period.

I am working on an automatic way to do this and hopefully I'll have a web page for us all to use soon. In the mean time... this is how you can get the data...

First, go to this web page on the Octopus web site... Octopus Energy

This page contains all the info you need. Note the API key... you will need to cut and past this key when asked for the username (there is no password so always just leave that blank).

To get the 30 min price data... on that page there is a "Quickstart"... look at the "Unit Rates" section. You will see a curl command... ignore the curl part but below it there is a web address inside quotes... it starts https://... simply cut the whole of that web address (everything between the quotes but without the quotes themselves) and paste it into the address at the top of your web browser and press enter. If all is working you will be prompted for a username and password... cut the API key that is found in the Octopus page and paste into the username... leave the password blank (or remove anything that is in the password box)... press enter... you should now see the price data in JSON format. Highlight all of that JSON data and cut... you now have that JSON in your clipboard...

To convert that into CSV format go here... JSON To CSV Converter... click inside the big box and paste in your JSON... the data is converted and appears in the result box below. Simply hit the download result button to download the CSV file and save that. You now have the pricing data which you can open in your spreadsheet program.

To get your consumption data is a very similar process... in the "Quickstart" on the Octopus web page there is a Consumption section. There you have the URL to get the consultion data for your particular account... cut that into your web browser in exactly the same way as you did above, if needed eneter the API key as the username, cut and paste the returned JSON into the JSOn to CSV convert page and download the file.

You should now have 2 files in your documents... one that has the pricing data for your area and one with your consumption data.

Information on how to use this API can be found here... Octopus Energy APIs — Octopus Energy API 1.0 documentation

If you need any help just PM me :)

BTW... by adding a period_from and a period_to parameters to the URL for consumption to can limit the data to just certain days or even between certain times. This is useful to get consumption between the 4pm - 7pm periods or just for certain days. Again, if you need help PM me.

Once I get something we can all use I'll post if to the forum.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
For those that want to get your actual use figures into a spreadsheet such as Excel you can use the Octopus API to pull the data into your browser. It comes down in JSON format but this can be converted online to CSV which can then be used in Excel or Google Sheets etc.

You can use the API to also pull down the prices for each 30 mins period. If you have a bit of spare time (and who doesn't with the virus at the moment!) you can then tie the two up in Excel and price up each 30 min period and calculate your actual cost for each 30 min period.

I am working on an automatic way to do this and hopefully I'll have a web page for us all to use soon. In the mean time... this is how you can get the data...

First, go to this web page on the Octopus web site... Octopus Energy

This page contains all the info you need. Note the API key... you will need to cut and past this key when asked for the username (there is no password so always just leave that blank).

To get the 30 min price data... on that page there is a "Quickstart"... look at the "Unit Rates" section. You will see a curl command... ignore the curl part but below it there is a web address inside quotes... it starts https://... simply cut the whole of that web address (everything between the quotes but without the quotes themselves) and paste it into the address at the top of your web browser and press enter. If all is working you will be prompted for a username and password... cut the API key that is found in the Octopus page and paste into the username... leave the password blank (or remove anything that is in the password box)... press enter... you should now see the price data in JSON format. Highlight all of that JSON data and cut... you now have that JSON in your clipboard...

To convert that into CSV format go here... JSON To CSV Converter... click inside the big box and paste in your JSON... the data is converted and appears in the result box below. Simply hit the download result button to download the CSV file and save that. You now have the pricing data which you can open in your spreadsheet program.

To get your consumption data is a very similar process... in the "Quickstart" on the Octopus web page there is a Consumption section. There you have the URL to get the consultion data for your particular account... cut that into your web browser in exactly the same way as you did above, if needed eneter the API key as the username, cut and paste the returned JSON into the JSOn to CSV convert page and download the file.

You should now have 2 files in your documents... one that has the pricing data for your area and one with your consumption data.

Information on how to use this API can be found here... Octopus Energy APIs — Octopus Energy API 1.0 documentation

If you need any help just PM me :)

BTW... by adding a period_from and a period_to parameters to the URL for consumption to can limit the data to just certain days or even between certain times. This is useful to get consumption between the 4pm - 7pm periods or just for certain days. Again, if you need help PM me.

Once I get something we can all use I'll post if to the forum.

Stay safe.
Excellent info. Thanks for sharing. Will have a go doing this later although my data has stopped updating on OctoWatchdog and the account page, which Octopus are sorting out now. Be interesting to see if I can access it via the API.

241 - 260 of 692 Posts