Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

301 - 320 of 676 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
So, when's the next price plunge? Been wearing the same underpants for 3 days now, waiting for the right time to run the washing machine ......

:sneaky:
You's better order some more, weather is looking too settled for the next few days to see any cheap prices. I've taken to scheduling things for the afternoon instead of overnight, it's cheaper.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
FYI, Octopus has just given its billing team a new ‘tool’ to identify anomalies in their smart meter billing. I now have 481 credits/debits in My Account since yesterday. I was told that the pages of entries are there to provide me with clarity! At the last count, I seem to have paid them 12 DD payments this month. There are also many entries where the amounts added and deducted just do not stack up from one entry to the next. For example, a balance of £227.29; you paid us £60, new balance £140.26. The overall result is that they have reduced my credit by £113. I am not a happy Easter bunny: 9 months of smart meter billing underdone at a stroke. I am sure that given time that my account will be restored to what it was before the tool was deployed.

Update: After a couple of attempts, my online account has been restored to its former glory. I have suggested that if an account is going to be rolled back by 8 months then the customer deserves to be given a reason, and the plan/timescale to re-bill.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
My account has been in a similar state for the past two weeks. However as it has moved my account into credit I'm in no hurry for them to resolve it. :rolleyes:

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,328 Posts
I had something similar with 'First Utility' about 4 years ago, they made a series of cock-ups and then compounded it further by completely shredding any chance of making sense of their bill by proceeding to add about 20 'credits' and a similar number of 'debits' for the preceding 6 months, and then asked me to let them know if it was wrong!

I told them to withdraw and reissue the bills, listing total units used versus a cost for those units. They refused, said they 'couldn't'. I have absolutely no idea if the correctly adjusted the figures, it would probably have been impossible to figure out.

Madness. They bunged me a hundred quid or so which I figured probably covered it, but they might even have given me back too much for all I know.

Why would they say they 'can't' withdraw and reissue bills? Is that a legal position or just the usual modern 'dumb' way 'computer says 'no' ', sort of thing?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
So the East of the UK and the continent are in for windy weather. Will this lead to plunge pricing on Sunday?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know how I see my daily spend for agile I can see the kwh used but not cost. As my in home display for my smart metre doesn't show it correctly. It does not track the cast change every 30 mins. I have spoke to octopus about this and they said its normal.

·
26,328 Posts
I am now charging the car today, on the basis that I need it in a few days time. I was waiting for a plunge. I seem to 'cause' a plunge by picking higher rates the day before. Glad to help out! ;)

...The underpants walked their own way into the washing machine, in the meantime.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anyone know how I see my daily spend for agile I can see the kwh used but not cost. As my in home display for my smart metre doesn't show it correctly. It does not track the cast change every 30 mins. I have spoke to octopus about this and they said its normal.
Download the OctoWatchdog app if you have an Apple phone/ipad. That is the easiest way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I am now charging the car today, on the basis that I need it in a few days time. I was waiting for a plunge. I seem to 'cause' a plunge by picking higher rates the day before. Glad to help out! ;)

...The underpants walked their own way into the washing machine, in the meantime.
Your charging has worked, tomorrow evening is at 0.22p for 22:30 - 23:00. WIll it be low all night?
I don't need to charge, going to be full from the PV excess after tomorrow is over and no where to go.

·
26,328 Posts
hmmmph. At 85% now!.... :(

Glad I could help out for others! ;)

·
26,328 Posts
Maybe you could contribute to the forum before/than just trying to punt your referral code?

Like, even introduce yourself or something?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your charging has worked, tomorrow evening is at 0.22p for 22:30 - 23:00. WIll it be low all night?
I don't need to charge, going to be full from the PV excess after tomorrow is over and no where to go.
Negative for almost all the time until 0930 am !

·
26,328 Posts
Bloody typical. I charged the car almost full and now there is an ELEVEN HOUR long price plunge!!!! $foreheadslap

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bloody typical. I charged the car almost full and now there is an ELEVEN HOUR long price plunge!!!! $foreheadslap
It must also be a record that has been broken? Never seen that many consecutive hours at 0p or negative. Not quite the payback as last week, but still a nice bonus. Heck, even charging an EV at tuppence/kWh is amazing.

I wonder if some of those who were banging the drum about the Go tariff are now enviously looking at the half-hourly rates and seriously considering moving to Agile? It makes me smile at those who are happy to stay on 17p/kWh fixed tariffs because they will not change their usage 4-7pm.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
I Iad an interesting email from ChargedEV last week. They are rolling out Agile integration into their Kaluza charging platform. I have managed to get into their beta program and giving it a go tonight for the first time.

My car is 95% fully charged and the cheapest time for my on Agile is between 6 and 6.30 am, so if all goes to plan my car should charge in this half hour segment (and possibly another half hour segment if it needs more than half hours worth of power).

to me this is a massive selling point for ChargedEV, being able to start and stop charges during the cheapest half hours.

fingers crossed it works as planned, but even if it doesn't I don't have anywhere to go yet anyway!

301 - 320 of 676 Posts