Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

521 - 540 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
So, the challenge here is that I could also take charge on during the 4:30 to 6:30 dip too, but it's more appealing to take the higher negative rates later in the day!

What a bunch of spoilt people we are, now picking and choosing which hours to actually get the free leccy in!
Indeed. I'm thinking of going for a socially distanced drive tomorrow morning to create some more capacity! :rolleyes:

Ok, not really, but if I had errands to run it would be the time to do them.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Negative prices tomorrow afternoon.
Not surprising, Wind Forecast Out-turn | BMRS is forecasting 12,000 - 13,500 MW of wind power available (plus a further 600 MW surplus likely to be sent over from Ireland) from tomorrow lunchtime [compared with <1,000 MW at present], so they will be wondering what to do with it all!! My guess is there will be negative prices on Saturday as well. There is only so much they can send to France, Belgium, and the Netherlands.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,293 Posts
Windy says strong gusts Sat so do we hold off charging for even bigger negative prices?

D'you see what I mean!!

·
Premium Member
10,672 Posts
Negative prices tomorrow afternoon.

Charge that car!

13:30 - 14:00 -1.43 p/kWh
14:00 - 14:30 -1.26 p/kWh
14:30 - 15:00 -2.15 p/kWh
15:00 - 15:30 -3.38 p/kWh
15:30 - 16:00 -2.56 p/kWh
Yeah, we had been putting off charging them and hoping for some plunge pricing. Have set both to do the two hours overnight and will then charge tomorrow afternoon too (y)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Update from Octopus smart team re my Agile account...
If you give it another look Tuesday, this should all be resolved for you.

So sounds like they are getting it resolved.
Trust thats true for others also.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,293 Posts
Bollocks. Y'see I told you it was time to start picking your moment for 'more than free' stuff!! ;)

Car fully charged now.

I was going to wait to Saturday, Windy said it would be windy. Oh well.

Good source of data that website @Savvy has linked to, maybe that will be our 'future' indicator for agile now?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Lowest 24hr Average
Lowest 72hr Average
Lowest 168hr Average
Lowest Monthly average
Highest Plunge price per 30min segment
Lowest Peak price per 30min segment
Lowest bill over the month...

(if donald keeps his electric at 20kw during plunge prices he may get this award....)
[edit] another 2 records broken: Lowest Peak price per 30min segment 6.62p/kWh. Lowest average price over the 3 hour Peak period 12.225p/kWh.

Time to dust off the fan heaters 🥵
-11.30p/kWh has smashed the previous record of -3.5p/kWh

This should definitely make it into the news.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
[edit] another 2 records broken: Lowest Peak price per 30min segment 6.62p/kWh. Lowest average price over the 3 hour Peak period 12.225p/kWh.

Time to dust off the fan heaters 🥵
-11.30p/kWh has smashed the previous record of -3.5p/kWh

This should definitely make it into the news.
Oh yes and lowest 24hr average price I bet as well tomorrow and lowest weekly average...

521 - 540 of 658 Posts