Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

681 - 696 of 696 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,362 Posts

·
26,362 Posts
Incidentally, such are these weird times we live in, I got my gas bill for last month, which is accurate as I entered the meter readings myself.

For the first time in basically forever, a month's gas bill is actually more than the electricity bill, and it's not even in the winter time and barely used gas heating!! Not only that, but the gas bill itself is mostly standing charges!!

My electricity bill is ridiculously low now. I mean, I am consciously looking to save electricity and the car's been doing so few miles I can actually afford just to wait a week before charging waiting for a plunge and then get paid!

C'mon, look, people, my referral code is below, sign up if you're not with Octopus, you just need to go onto the fixed rate for a while if you're not with a smart meter yet.

You HAVE to use my code, it is the only Octopus referral code that works at present.*

*(This is not intended to be a factual statement, but a 'conceptual' advertisement/invitation by means of humour that a reasonable forum reader would understand to be hyperbole. ;) )

Here!!
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

·
26,362 Posts
Yup! ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Seek and ye shall find thy goal.

(Price plunge tonight)

...knucklebones seem to work...
Keep casting the bones @donald, all is well. Sadly I am away from home for the first time in three months, so am unable to take advantage. Would you care to predict the next price plunge, please? Tuesday or Wednesday night would be convenient if you would care to intercede with the Gods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keep casting the bones @donald, all is well. Sadly I am away from home for the first time in three months, so am unable to take advantage. Would you care to predict the next price plunge, please? Tuesday or Wednesday night would be convenient if you would care to intercede with the Gods.
Sunday morning is looking promising again with strong winds over the offshore wind farms but it all looks quiet over the next week. But weather forecasts beyond 4 days aren’t reliable so fingers crossed!

·
26,362 Posts
Sunday morning is looking promising again with strong winds over the offshore wind farms but it all looks quiet over the next week. But weather forecasts beyond 4 days aren’t reliable so fingers crossed!
pfft ... weather forecasts! Like Tengri cares for our 'forecasts'.

·
26,362 Posts
Tuesday or Wednesday night would be convenient if you would care to intercede with the Gods.
It's not something one asks for without an offering, I can't fit a blood offering for Tengri in until Thursday. But that's not bad news, the knucklebones say Thursday is an auspicious day. I wouldn't want to second guess a God's will, but as I usually ask Him for good weather, so asking for rough weather might amuse Him.

.. Friday 12th, then ...

·
26,362 Posts
Fridays are good, I'm working away during the week and the Niro is nearly empty by the time I get home Friday night.
7.5hrs last night at minimal cost and two loads of washing.
Hey, I think I am pushing it getting a named day in there.

I might be over-reaching the loose connections between our world and the ethereal realm trying to get it down to the hour!

;):sneaky:

Let's see how it goes, eh? :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I won't get the accurate usage figures from Octopus until tomorrow but the IHD screen seems to suggest that I managed to use something in the low 20s of kWh this morning. 18.5kWh to car + dishwasher, 1 load of washing (I really didn't feel like getting up at 5am to run a second load :sneaky: ) plus early morning tea/coffee.

The 40p (or thereabouts) payment will more than offset the iniquitous 0.8p that I had to pay during yesterday's 4pm - 7pm peak rate period. :D

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
¿Qué? Had you asked for a full charge by 19:00?
My Zappi had a timed boost running constantly so it was always in full power mode. My wife doesn't look at the screen when she plugs so hadn't noticed the car started charging at full power straight away. I haven't noticed anyone else report the same problem so I'm hoping it was just a glitch in my update. I'm back on the revious version now so it will work as normal now.
What extra feature/s are they trying to introduce?
Speeding up communication, app is much quicker now, changes from the app are quicker, more detail in the graphs on the app, changes made from the app are happening on the device much quicker.
Some changes that will help the e-Golf and Model 3 with charge rates are coming soon.
They are going to be adding more features but getting the firmware stable is the first task before anything is added.
I don't remember much else as the changes don't affect me much but they are adding Stop as a mode so we can stop a charge without unplugging the car, will be useful when I'm away from home and there have been lots of requests for that for those automating their grid use optimisation.

·
26,362 Posts
You've got enough already ;)
hmmm .. not as good as it was.. with all this Covid crap that I am not appreciated for (much), my like-to-post ratio has dropped below 2:3.

I think that was the 2nd highest ratio in the top 10 highest 'like-counts' (so quality, not just quantity !! ;) ), but the members list has gone now so don't really know.

So, you think 16,000 likes is enough?

I do try to mix a bit of politics with humour, to keep you all amused, while we're waiting for EV news ....

681 - 696 of 696 Posts