Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
jim5452
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been running for the past 7 days and many posters have joined OCTOPUS ENERGY which is currently one of the few that run a TIME OF USE tariff and also Go which has an EV reduced tariff between 0.30 and 4.30 currently at 5p per KHw
The referal until tomorrow is £100 per new member and £50 for the referer which you will find a lot of referal codes on these forums
As a matter of interest you will not get referal from comparision sites as they get commision you may of course get cashback
This offer from OCTOPUS ENERGY runs until 11.59 tonight then reverts back to £50

·
jim5452
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will know immediately if anyone uses your code to sign up - scroll to the bottom of the login page and it will give Your referrals
Receiving a £100 credit as a new joiner is a bit of a no brainer for anyone, coupled with the gas tracker and Agile tariff.<<<<
Atsoc15 is on a fishing trip "GOOD on HIM"

·
Registered
972 Posts
How’s the customer service?
Octopus don’t recognise my meter so the form always errors. Been trying to switch since Monday. Not done yet. I emailed got no reply, so I called then I got a response. I emailed more information- no reply, and I still can’t switch.
Is this typical of their service levels?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
How’s the customer service?
Octopus don’t recognise my meter so the form always errors. Been trying to switch since Monday. Not done yet. I emailed got no reply, so I called then I got a response. I emailed more information- no reply, and I still can’t switch.
Is this typical of their service levels?
It's typical of many companies. I wouldn't rate their CS as good, but I haven't dealt with any of the utility companies recently that I would rate as good.

The staff have always been very helpful but it can take a while to get things sorted. They were also good at credits for my switch to smart meter taking much longer than I was advised so you might be able to get them to honour the £100 referral if you haven't been able to switch during the offer period because of their slow response.

·
jim5452
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which meter is it, I think they need the MPAN number and the meter number which are printed on the last bill you got from your original supplier, they are supposed to get that from the supplier
I you have a smart meter Smets 1 or 2 it takes a while, sometimes 2 weeks to get the information
If you used someones referral, then you should have received confirmation
I would take" WOODULIKES" advice and pester them on the Phone I expect they will be busy after their very generious offer, email takes too long for reply

·
Registered
972 Posts
Which meter is it, I think they need the MPAN number and the meter number which are printed on the last bill you got from your original supplier, they are supposed to get that from the supplier
I you have a smart meter Smets 1 or 2 it takes a while, sometimes 2 weeks to get the information
If you used someones referral, then you should have received confirmation
I would take" WOODULIKES" advice and pester them on the Phone I expect they will be busy after their very generious offer, email takes too long for reply
No they're just not very together.
They have the mpan number and the serial number since Monday. All I need is correct instructions for navigating their forms.
Today I was told to do what I suggested on Wednesday and was told I should absolutely not do...
I asked about honouring the referral bonus. Was told unlikely. I said hmmm then im not likely to switch.
Well so far I'm 2 from 2 with them not replying within their expected 48 hours (and lets be honest 48 hours is not fantastic).
I asked to speak to "John" customer service manager. He's the guy on the answerphone message who says use our fabulous email service... and to tell them if they aren't fantastic. Not possible I'm told... I insisted, customer service rep tried to get someone for me to talk to then gave up and said will call you straight back when I get some one who can answer...
Still waiting it's been 4 hours. I am not holding out any hope of a response.

FWIW bulb were excellent for a few years, though less so of late. Still a cut above Octopus. They answer phones and are generally knowledgeable and helpful, response to email is hours not days, though of late prices going up and service getting slower and less helpful.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I switched anyway... I value service but I want to have the smart tariffs octopus offer so I will just live with a bit of crap service. As mentioned utilities are often crap at service, but I really don't believe we should accept them being crap...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts