Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon

Pondering a last minute trip to France or Germany via Eurotunnel.

I have an as yet unused Electric Juice card sitting in the eNiro. Can I just hoof off with this card and rely on it? The app seems to suggest really pretty good coverage everywhere I've looked so far...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's more about whether it "just works" abroad. Ie: can I turn up to a random French charger that's on the Electric Juice network, plimp my card, and charge with reasonable certainty of success?

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
1,084 Posts
It 'just worked' for us on about twelve charge points in Normandy and Brittany earlier this year. On AC charge points, many charges turned out to be free, despite the price on the Electric Juice website and app.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah that's good to hear! I'm much less fussed about free -v- paid than I am about working -v- getting stuck!

Was your experience across different networks?

·
Registered
2020 e-Golf
881 Posts
It's more about whether it "just works" abroad. Ie: can I turn up to a random French charger that's on the Electric Juice network, plimp my card, and charge with reasonable certainty of success?
That's the whole point of the card, and the UK and Europe partnerships listed.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
1,084 Posts
Ah that's good to hear! I'm much less fussed about free -v- paid than I am about working -v- getting stuck!

Was your experience across different networks?
Three different networks. Free didn't concern me either - but interesting to find that on our return.

There's more relevant replies for you in this thread: France charging 2021.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would suggest you check the card is working properly in the UK first if you haven't used it before. There may be a small chance it's not setup properly its worse case scenario and probably unlikely but if it was me doing it I'd be risk adverse and try it out close to home. That's what I've done with my shell rfid and bp one

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you both - it's good to hear that it works as per the claim, and I will have a read through the suggested thread. Likewise a great shout to test the card out in the UK :ROFLMAO:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts