Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just downloaded the app and sent for a card, but when i go into the map after setting Fillters there’s nothing showing! Anyone else using one and having the same problem!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi thanks for reply’s, it’s showing them now i was just not opening the map up! It just didn’t show any close to me 🤷
Is everyone using the card finding it okay. Everything I’ve recently done with Octopus has been a struggle! Smart meters /EO charger/

·
Registered
252 Posts
Like any card its useful if it works with the charger you want to use. Its unfortunate (and Shells fault) that it only gives access to the Shell Newmotion chargers rather than the main Shell recharge network. I had used it on the odd Franklin charger so it would be useful to know where that has gone with the buyout of Franklin by RAW.

·
Registered
VW e-golf 35kWh
74 Posts
I've used mine on an Osprey charger once. No issues. The cost did make me cringe though.

It does have the advantage that direct debits with Octopus come out just after I get paid. BP won't let me change my payment date on my subscription with them. Payments come out a few days before payday which isn't ideal.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,823 Posts
All the fee aggregators support the same group of networks. Great if you want to use those networks, useless otherwise. I’ve used octopus juice once with Osprey as a test. It offers no value in that example because Osprey take contactless and octopus don’t have a price advantage. I almost used it on Franklin but didn’t need to charge in the end.

Basically unless these become useful for all networks, or at least all that don’t support contactless payment, I’m not sure I really see the point.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,121 Posts
All the fee aggregators support the same group of networks. Great if you want to use those networks, useless otherwise. I’ve used octopus juice once with Osprey as a test. It offers no value in that example because Osprey take contactless and octopus don’t have a price advantage. I almost used it on Franklin but didn’t need to charge in the end.

Basically unless these become useful for all networks, or at least all that don’t support contactless payment, I’m not sure I really see the point.
As it's tied to your home electricity account, there is no "pre-authorisation fee" blocked from your bank or credit card.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts