Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Octopus Electric Vehicles
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only Octopus bring together a handpicked range of the world’s best EVs, a team of impartial experts to help you choose (and get you a great price), your own smart charger that saves you money when you charge, 100% renewable electricity for your car and home, and a free support helpline for as long as you remain a customer.

We make the switch to electric easy and cost effective, from helping you find the most suitable electric vehicle to breaking down exactly what fuel savings you could achieve by charging 'smart'.

Feel free to get in touch for your personalised quote or equally if you just need some impartial advice to help you on your EV journey -we're happy to help!

[email protected]
0203 870 3892

We look forward to hearing from you!

·
Registered
622 Posts
OK, I'll bite. Email sent.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Using my referral code below will also give you and I £50 each credit too :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm switching to their Go Tariff, it should work out marginally cheaper than Outfox the Market for me.
The headline rates for East Midlands are;

Electricity

0030-0430 5p/kWh
rest of the time 13.72p/kWh
Standing charge 25p/day

Gas
3.46p/kWH

Standing charge 25p/day

It's a green tariff and Octopus will fit a smart meter that can read data every half hour. If you're not already an Octopus customer you can sign up for one of their standard tariffs and change over once the smart meter is installed. I've been told that meters are normally installed within a month.

I plan to use the Leaf's built in charge timer to make the most of the 5p rate but Octopus will also organise an install of a MyEnergi Zappi charger for £359 including OLEV grant if you haven't used it up already PRODUCTS | myenergi

There are plenty of referral codes around, if you want to use mine you can save £50, oh, and I get £50 too :)

Split £100 | Octopus Energy

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic to hear from so many of you - please do feel free to email across any questions to do with the EV options we can offer, home & workplace charge points and, of course, our GO tariff.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If someone gets enough referrals, can they offset the vehicle cost against their account balance:LOL:
Wasn't there a recent promotion for electric vehicles and a popular twitter user received some massive amount of referrals. What were the results? Who got the Tesla?

BTW another happy Octopus user here and I gave my referral to someone random on this forum! My smart meter was transitioned over to Octopus without requiring replacement. I thought that could only be done with a limited number of smart meters?

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,742 Posts
If someone gets enough referrals, can they offset the vehicle cost against their account balance:LOL:
Wasn't there a recent promotion for electric vehicles and a popular twitter user received some massive amount of referrals. What were the results? Who got the Tesla?

BTW another happy Octopus user here and I gave my referral to someone random on this forum! My smart meter was transitioned over to Octopus without requiring replacement. I thought that could only be done with a limited number of smart meters?
Ye, the ex towie/makeup twitter makeup 'celeb' won the Tesla.

Basically the customer with the most twitter followers got a free Tesla.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Fantastic to hear from so many of you - please do feel free to email across any questions to do with the EV options we can offer, home & workplace charge points and, of course, our GO tariff.
Has the : Only available to the first 1,000 customers on the Go tariff been reached yet ?

View attachment 110892

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@dparr59 @phproxy We have not yet reached the 1,000 customers however it will be announced on our website when the limit is reached.

Zappi offer has to cap to it as it forms the crux of our 'bundle' offer alongside the energy tariff and vehicles lease.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm currently with Green Network Energy on quite competitive rate but that ends on 9th March so I have started shopping around.
The Octopus Energy looks OK for overnight charging, but is anyone already a customer or know the cost of this one from British Gas? Green tariff for Electric Vehicles - British Gas ?
I already have a Zappi so that offer is of no benefit to me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
H
I'm currently with Green Network Energy on quite competitive rate but that ends on 9th March so I have started shopping around.
The Octopus Energy looks OK for overnight charging, but is anyone already a customer or know the cost of this one from British Gas? Green tariff for Electric Vehicles - British Gas ?
I already have a Zappi so that offer is of no benefit to me.
Hmm, just found the BG off peak Green Tarrif is more expensive than the standard rate I am paying with Green Network Energy:eek: so that is a non starter.
Looks like I might be switching to Octopus unless anyone knows of a better deal?

Purely for interest here is a link to BG tariffs Energy tariffs | Electricity and gas tariffs A - Z - British Gas

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Thanks @Blackwater (y) Octopus have been great for me switch went smoothly and CS has been good.

·
Embracing the GTE revolution in Golf GTE
483 Posts
@dparr59 @phproxy We have not yet reached the 1,000 customers however it will be announced on our website when the limit is reached.

Zappi offer has to cap to it as it forms the crux of our 'bundle' offer alongside the energy tariff and vehicles lease.
Hi i am looking at my options too switch. I have a smart meter that was installed by Brittish Gas on both my Gas and Electric. Would these continue ti work on the Octopus system!

I would also be interested in a quote so will email you the details.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,742 Posts
Hi i am looking at my options too switch. I have a smart meter that was installed by Brittish Gas on both my Gas and Electric. Would these continue ti work on the Octopus system!

I would also be interested in a quote so will email you the details.
Doubtful.

"We use smart meters made by the company Secure. Secure also supply meters to Utilita, First Utility, OVO, E.ON and Bristol Energy - so if you have a smart meter from them, and it's a 'Secure' meter, it will work. (A different brand of meter from them unfortunately won't.);"

What happens if I have a smart meter? | All FAQs | Octopus Energy

·
Registered
891 Posts
We've previously been told our meter couldn't be swapped for a smart one. Here it is... not sure what was wrong with it but NPower cancelled our swap because of it about 2 years ago. Two other things; our gas meter is about 15m away at the other end of the house. Is that a problem? And how big is a smart meter?

20190126_084511.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts