Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
You beat me to it
I wanted to use your referral link. Unfortunately I am getting an error message on Octopus website:"
Economy 7 Meter Type Mismatch
Our records say that you have selected the wrong meter type for your home. Return to the quote page and select Economy7 meter to get an accurate quote for your home." 😭
I emailed them. Let's wait and see. 🤞

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I had the same error. It was because Bulb hadnt correctly updated the national database to tell them that i'd switched from Standard to Economy 7 some years prior.

Their reply was simply to contact my existing provider as there wasnt anything they could do about it. Bulb eventually sorted it after a complaint.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I suspect he's got a smart meter fitted running E7.... So you have to select E7.
I had the same when switching.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Oh, and after switching on E7, my Secure SMETS1 was up and running and switched to Agile within the week.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
ah yea maybe, mine was the opposite, i was selecting E7, but it thought i had standard.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you don't have a "SECURE" branded SMETS1, or any make of SMETS2 meter, it can take a while for octopus to switch meters but worth it for 5p rate 12:30 to 4:30.
Link here for the 8 day £100 if you switch :--
share.octopus.energy/calm-wind-818

Or after 16th Oct use link below to share £100

·
Registered
720 Posts
I habe smart meter installed by SSE. I am on their fix and drive tarrif. Shall I choose E7?
I can only tell you what I did...
I was on Ecotricity with Secure Liberty SMETS1 meters (Octopus compatible) running an E7 EV tarrif.
Selected smart meter on their switch site and it told me I had an E7 meter.
So I selected E7. Switched on E7 on a Sunday. As soon as i was switched I enquired about getting the smart meters back online and switching to Agile. Smart meters running by Friday and onto Agile at midnight Friday.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can take a while for octopus to switch meters but worth it for 5p rate 12:30 to 4:30.

What you mean by "switch meters"
Do you mean they have to change my existing one for a new one?
I have SMETS2 sm installed in January this year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Think the "secure" branded Smets1 meters are the only ones Octopus can use. That or smets2 meters.
So if you haven't either of those you have to wait until octopus change the meter to go onto Agile or GO tarriff.
In my case it took 9 months to change it.

£100 for anyone who swaps before 16th October :--
View attachment 135860

Picture for reference
Maybe someone can confirm. I am confused at the moment
On a google search for the Landis + Gyr the E470 type 5394 it is a SMETS 2 meter so it should be OK for Octopus to adopt\use.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was trying to switch and was told they are not fitting them. Salesperson said she would have to ask her supervisor, came back and said no.
I am not prepared to enqure further so someone else will get my money now (23000 kWh per annum's worth).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts