Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

2521 - 2540 of 2561 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Final update for my Octopus Go switch. Previously mentioned I had my meters upgraded on the 20th of February but for the next couple of days nothing updated on the Octopus website. Then out of the blue I had an email stating I was changing to Go on the 26th. Sure enough this morning I checked the tariff was showing 5p/kwh & 25p standing charge. The meter registered £0.40 per hour @ 8.03 kw compared to £1.18 previously on the standard tariff.

So a noticeable drop in charging cost but I need to verify it's being registered in my Octopus account.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just been reading the last few pages, which prompted me to check the kWh on my account. I got the following during charging -

My charger is 32A so i would expect to see figures of 7.3kWh(ish)

Is the draw 7.3kWh(ish) based on the above being in 30min sections?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I switched to Octopus last October and had a smart meter fitted on 12th December and moved to go in January. So far I have only been billed for the period before the smart meter was fitted - no bill for the time with the smart meter on the standard tariff and nothing since the switch to go. Is this normal?

Yesterday I noticed there were no smart meter readings on the account for the last 3 days so I emailed them about this and the lack of bills (no reply yet). Today I only have smart meter readings showing for the last 2 days - everything else has disappeared.

Is this normal? Will the data come back? How can they run a business like this?

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,646 Posts
Everything else will not have disappeared. It's because the 24th Feb is still missing so the back arrow disappears from the 25th's page. But you can still change the date manually, or use the API.

I have the exact same, so assume you're SMETS1 / the 'Secure' branded meters?

They'll correct it once they receive it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Everything else will not have disappeared. It's because the 24th Feb is still missing so the back arrow disappears from the 25th's page. But you can still change the date manually, or use the API.

SMETS1 and I'm missing the 24th data. Strangely still missing 12th December which is the only other day missing in the last 5 months

·
1,646 Posts
Just been reading the last few pages, which prompted me to check the kWh on my account. I got the following during charging -

View attachment 128147

My charger is 32A so i would expect to see figures of 7.3kWh(ish)

Is the draw 7.3kWh(ish) based on the above being in 30min sections?
Worth double checking the start time? The first half hour period on the graph is (for me) start time of 00:00, i.e. 'full price'

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I switched to Octopus last October and had a smart meter fitted on 12th December and moved to go in January. So far I have only been billed for the period before the smart meter was fitted - no bill for the time with the smart meter on the standard tariff and nothing since the switch to go. Is this normal?

Yesterday I noticed there were no smart meter readings on the account for the last 3 days so I emailed them about this and the lack of bills (no reply yet). Today I only have smart meter readings showing for the last 2 days - everything else has disappeared.

Octopus raise an electricity statement once a month PROVIDED that they are receiving constant data from the DCC. There has been an issue with some SMETS2 accounts where data has been lost. Octopus uses a 3rd-party integrator (TMA) to access DCC data. TMA has recently issued a new API that allows Octopus to recover any data that is missing. A loss of data stalls the Octopus automatic billing process. After 8 months of billing issues, I got my first automatic bill yesterday. All previous bills have been raised manually.

The 'good news' is that when the smart meter usage graphs disappear it usually means that a statement is being raised. The statement, when you get it, will have daily usage charts.

Remember, when you signed up to GO you agreed to Ts and Cs that stated you were agreeing to a beta product. Like most suppliers, Octopus is struggling to make SMETS2 meters work in a dynamic environment.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Thanks for the reply. There are 2 days missing (23rd and 24th) but everything else is still there. I don't know what type of meter I have, but it was only fitted last December.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Thanks for the reply. There are 2 days missing (23rd and 24th) but everything else is still there. I don't know what type of meter I have, but it was only fitted last December.

If you have got an IPhone or iPad, then spend 99p on the Octopus Energy Watchdog App. It will show the last 30 days of usage with any missing days.

If you have SMETS2 meters the bottom of your IHD will read Chameleon Technology Ltd 2019. The meters will be Landis and Gyr.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you have got an IPhone or iPad, then spend 99p on the Octopus Energy Watchdog App. It will show the last 30 days of usage with any missing days.
I think you're on Agile now Lexden? I'm on Go Faster and don't have usage showing online for my electricity since Jan 10th. No IHD data since then either. I haven't bothered chasing Octopus this time, hoping it will show up eventually.

Are you saying the Octopus Energy Watchdog App will still give me usage data on Go Faster? When I looked at the app it says it will only work for Agile.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I've chased for a bill and it took a week to get an email back saying they will look into it. That's nearly 3 weeks ago and I still haven't had a bill.
I have 5 days missing in January but have over a months worth of consistent days but still no bill. I'm hoping I get one at the end of this month as so far this month is complete in my account.
I've downloaded the watchdog app to my wife's iphone so I can keep an eye on my bill. It seems the easiest way of seeing what we're spending.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I think you're on Agile now Lexden? I'm on Go Faster and don't have usage showing online for my electricity since Jan 10th. No IHD data since then either. I haven't bothered chasing Octopus this time, hoping it will show up eventually.

Are you saying the Octopus Energy Watchdog App will still give me usage data on Go Faster? When I looked at the app it says it will only work for Agile.
I am on Agile at the moment - but I am a serial tariff switcher. OEW will give you usage data but the costs will be for Agile. I found this to be a useful way of checking which was the best tariff for me.

If your IHD isn't picking up any usage then you may well have a smart meter problem. I will PM you.

·
Super Moderator
11,346 Posts
I'm still trying to get my i3 to charge at full 32amp rate, it seems not to go beyond 16amps.
If you've checked everything else, your i3 may have a faulty charger. The i3 has two or three 16A chargers. If one fails the car may only charge at 16Amps. There was a bad batch of chargers a while back.

Hopefully your car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've chased for a bill and it took a week to get an email back saying they will look into it. That's nearly 3 weeks ago and I still haven't had a bill.
I have 5 days missing in January but have over a months worth of consistent days but still no bill. I'm hoping I get one at the end of this month as so far this month is complete in my account.
I've downloaded the watchdog app to my wife's iphone so I can keep an eye on my bill. It seems the easiest way of seeing what we're spending.
I'm still waiting for my first bill since my successful switch in September (SMETS1 meter). The switch itself went really smoothly and quickly, the data is present in the web usage graphs (with a couple of very short gaps, I'm keeping records separately for my own backup), so I have no idea why they are unable to generate me an actual bill. Repeated chasing via email or Facebook just results in 'we're looking into it'. Not impressed.

·
1,646 Posts
I'm still waiting for my first bill since my successful switch in September (SMETS1 meter). The switch itself went really smoothly and quickly, the data is present in the web usage graphs (with a couple of very short gaps, I'm keeping records separately for my own backup), so I have no idea why they are unable to generate me an actual bill. Repeated chasing via email or Facebook just results in 'we're looking into it'. Not impressed.
[email protected]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right, ive learned today, so thanks for all those who responded to me.

(I have an IPace now, the leaf went back some time ago. Ive never fathomed out if i can change my user name.)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Right, ive learned today, so thanks for all those who responded to me.

(I have an IPace now, the leaf went back some time ago. Ive never fathomed out if i can change my user name.)
As @phproxy says, if you're on standard Octopus Go you might want to check your charge start time. Looks like you're currently charging at midnight ie at the higher the tariff.

2521 - 2540 of 2561 Posts