Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1581 - 1600 of 1662 Posts

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,305 Posts
My latest bill on the 9th August was still showing the average rate - about 10.5p
Reminder: There are people who believe this means their daytime rate is lower :)

I've started the switch away for my gas to Zog, they're > £50 per year cheaper and fix for 2 years..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Reminder: There are people who believe this means their daytime rate is lower :)

I've started the switch away for my gas to Zog, they're > £50 per year cheaper and fix for 2 years..
An excellent choice of supplier. The only downside for those of us with SMETS2 meters is that Zog is not yet set up to accept smart meter data from the DCC.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,305 Posts
An excellent choice of supplier. The only downside for those of us with SMETS2 meters is that Zog is not yet set up to accept smart meter data from the DCC.
I only have smart electric anyway. The smets1 installer said something about the gas meter bracket not been adequately secured so he didn't want to do it. I had a prepaid meter swapped out when I moved in, so it can't be too bad..

Happy enough with "dumb" gas though..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Today I have started my switch from EDF Energy to Octopus Go. I do not yet have a SMETS meter, but I’m advised they should be able to fit one soon after the switch is completed. We shall have to see how things go with the transfer and how long it takes.
I used Roger Davis’ link to start my switch, I picked Roger as he was the first one to respond with his link in May when I first started looking at this

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
My SMETS2 meter issues persist. In fairness, Octopus is on the case but it is worth pointing out what has gone wrong over the past 7 weeks in case people are tempted by SMETS2. (It is also worth looking at the Bulb and Ovo Community forums as there are numerous threads on a raft of SMETS2 meter issues)

The meters were installed on 15th July. A gas tariff appeared but no electricity tariff on the IHD.

Octopus updated the IHD software which then showed the correct tariffs.

My fixed term contract came to an end. The gas tariff updated but not the electricity. This was rectified a week later. I then switched to GO.

My online accounts are not updating; the IHD is now showing Lost Connection more often than it is showing anything of use; and anything of use is not including any standing charges in the cost calculations.

The IHD shows the total usage readings for gas and electricity but, despite a lot of advice, I cannot get anything but a R1 figure out of the actual meter. Fortunately, calculating R2 is an easy sum.

All attempts to enter manual electricity readings in my online account are met with the following notice: ‘ We’re unable to accept meter readings since the industry hasn’t confirmed details of your meter’.

A check with Scottish Power Energy Networks (my DNO) has confirmed that the National Database is still showing my old meter serial number with no update pending.

My online account is now showing one electricity and 2 gas meters, and my IHD is still showing NO Connection.

So I am in something of a state of limbo until at the very least the ECOES database is updated to show the correct meter serial number.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My SMETS2 meter issues persist. In fairness, Octopus is on the case but it is worth pointing out what has gone wrong over the past 7 weeks in case people are tempted by SMETS2. (It is also worth looking at the Bulb and Ovo Community forums are there are numerous threads on a raft of SMETS2 meter issues)

The meters were installed on 15th July. A gas tariff appeared but no electricity tariff on the IHD.

Octopus updated the IHD software which then showed the correct tariffs.

My fixed term contract came to an end. The gas tariff updated but not the electricity. This was rectified a week later. I then switched to GO.

My online accounts are not updating; the IHD is now showing Lost Connection more often than it is showing anything of use; and anything of use is not including any standing charges in the cost calculations.

The IHD shows the total usage readings for gas and electricity but, despite a lot of advice, I cannot get anything but a R1 figure out of the actual meter. Fortunately, calculating R2 is an easy sum.

All attempts to enter manual electricity readings in my online account are met with the following notice: ‘ We’re unable to accept meter readings since the industry hasn’t confirmed details of your meter’.

A check with Scottish Power Energy Networks (my DNO) has confirmed that the National Database is still showing my old meter serial number with no update pending.

My online account is now showing one electricity and 2 gas meters, and my IHD is still showing NO Connection.

So I am in something of a state of limbo until at the very least the ECOES database is updated to show the correct meter serial number.

I’m in exactly the same position as you @Lexden - this has been going on since the beginning of June for me....

With the exception that I have two electricity meters showing, and one gas. Both electricity meters show the correct (new) serial number.

Occasionally I get an economy 7 electricity meter added (a third electricity meter) then it disappears a day or so later....

My meters also show a connection, and Octopus say they are receiving readings, but they can’t generate a bill from those readings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
What do you see if you add "/manage/#/" to the end of your "My Account" URL?
e.g. https://octopus.energy/dashboard/accounts/A-XXXXXXX/manage/#/
I know that wasn’t aimed at me - but I get “we’re building a new dashboard - we’re always experimenting with how to make things better.... Feel free to check back here for more updates if you want a first look”.

That was the closest I’ve got to viewing a dashboard - hmph.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you scroll down you should see links labelled "Explore your energy use" for each of your meters. My electricity meter is now showing 1/2 hourly readings under this link.
Oh gosh - for gas I get “something’s gone wrong”

For electric I get graphs up until 31st July - that’s the latest data available.

That’s really good though - thank you

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
What do you see if you add "/manage/#/" to the end of your "My Account" URL?
e.g. https://octopus.energy/dashboard/accounts/A-XXXXXXX/manage/#/
There was nothing there yesterday, but 30min usage data has now appeared for the past 3 days - nothing there for the previous 46 days since meter installation. Conversely, all past meter readings in the standard online account have now been deleted! My IHD which was working fine until last week is now just an ornament with a pretty green light awaiting data.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I get the same for gas, although the meter is showing one reading in the "old" portal.
Same here, but the old gas portal is populated with some data. Electricity on the new portal has 4 days of history, nothing on the old portal. I am though being kept amused by the IHD which is giving a repeat show of traffic lights: flashing green, amber and red. It then re-boots and repeats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My SMETS2 electricity data is now up to date on the new portal. There are a couple of missing days, which prevents the portal from scrolling backwards or forwards using the navigation buttons. However, entering the next available date in the URL directly allows navigation to continue.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My SMETS2 electricity data is now up to date on the new portal. There are a couple of missing days, which prevents the portal from scrolling backwards or forwards using the navigation buttons. However, entering the next available date in the URL directly allows navigation to continue.
Mine too. This new portal is awesome!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Mine too. This new portal is awesome!
I now also have some electricity usage readings but no information on the R1 and R2 figures that will be used for billing. Gas has disappeared off the planet. The IHD alternates between showing readings from 5pm to 9am and then there are long periods awaiting current data followed by flashing traffic lights. Communication from Octopus has been zilch.

Update:

There is clearly something going on behind the scenes but I am not sure what. Electricity usage has now disappeared from the IHD - as was the case during working hours over the past two days. In My Account, I now have 'View smart meter consumption' under the electricity tab. When I press the icon, I get two windows for electricity AND gas. Electricity now shows a usage graph for 4 days up until Monday. The gas meter tab has the message "We are very sorry, but we have been unable to fetch your meter information'.

Back to the main account page, the Gas Window is annotated 'View your meter reading history' which again brings up 2 sub windows: one, for electricity with no information and a second for gas with odd smart readings up until 1 September.

Pressing Submit a Meter Reading for electricity brings up a message "that we are unable to accept meter readings since the industry hasn't confirmed details of your meter' and Gas allows me to submit a manual meter reading.

Clearly, Octopus is getting smart meter readings. The usage graph for electricity is no use real time. Three months ago, I was getting information every 15 minutes from my old meters with nothing more than two stuck on optical readers which counted the number of times the silver spot (in the numeral 9 or 6) crossed the field of view.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Octopus told me that the missing information preventing the old account closing should have been provided on a form D86 (part of the transfer 'flow'). I found a blank form (D0086) on line but didn't make things much clearer. Octopus said it took them a number of calls to 'the industry' to get round the issue. Will post more when I hear again re the meter.
I joined Octopus a few weeks back and have a smets2 meter already from previously supplier. Octopus have said there is an issue with the data coming from my meter but have yet to say anything about if/when it can be resolved. The smets2 was working fine with previous provider.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I joined Octopus a few weeks back and have a smets2 meter already from previously supplier. Octopus have said there is an issue with the data coming from my meter but have yet to say anything about if/when it can be resolved. The smets2 was working fine with previous provider.
Welcome to the club. Octopus are saying nothing about the problems that some of their SMETS2 meter customers are having. My requests for a progress update go unanswered. Reading other supplier‘s forums, I see that Bulb is also suffering reputational damage because it is also failing to keep its smart meter customers onside.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have a SMETS1 meter installed by Octopus, and they say they cannot get readings to bill me with, despite the fact I can see the consumption data on their website. Go figure.

1581 - 1600 of 1662 Posts
About this Discussion
1.7K Replies
163 Participants
methley
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing