Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1661 - 1680 of 1858 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It shouldn’t be necessary as a SMETS2 meter should never lose its connection to the DCC. Not all suppliers can accept DCC data but that is a different issue and not related to the SMETS2 meter type. One of the key ’advantages’ of SMETS2 is that the DCC is supposed to make switching suppliers a non event.
Interesting. I only emailed them yesterday. I'll await their reply and let you know what they say!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The above doesn’t make any sense at all which is why I said that I don’t think that CS are up to speed on smart metering. Have you tried emailing Franco Micali the Head of Smart Metering? He is very receptive to feedback. (Ps if you decide to do so, could you emphasise the need for more customer information about smart metering; billing etc on their website).
I think it's fair to give them a chance to get things working properly before escalating. They have, I quote "resent a communication request for the new meters and it should be coming through by the end of the next week".

·
Registered
34 Posts
I now have an appointment for a SMETS1 on 24/09. In both of my emails to them regarding the new meter I stated that I would take a SMETS1 if offered so I'm not sure if that forced their hand a little quicker than normal or if they have just decided anybody in the North now gets a SMETS1.

·
Registered
720 Posts
So you couldn't make this up. I responded to say I that can see 1/2 hourly readings on the portal so why do they need a manual reading?

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your response.
We are currently working on connecting to your meters so basically there is no need for the manual meter readings.
Please accept my apologies for this misunderstanding and for the inconvenience it may have caused you.
I will keep an eye on your account and let you know once we establish a connection with your meter.
The display gadget connects to the meter, but that doesn't mean the meter is communicating with the network, it's a local connection

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm loving the new Octopus portal! Here's our usage for 17/09. You can see the Volt charging nicely during the cheap time, and very little consumption during the day due to the PV on the house roof

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi Roger, have you received a bill yet since your SMETS2 were installed?
Yes, but only for gas. No 'leccy bill yet. Though the meters were only installed 6 or 7 weeks ago, and switched to GO about a month ago.

I did email Octopus to ask why the delay on the 'leccy bill, and they replied...

"I can see that there is a technical glitch holding the statements back, sorry about this! I've raised it with our tech team and we're dealing with it :)"

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I'm loving the new Octopus portal! Here's our usage for 17/09. You can see the Volt charging nicely during the cheap time, and very little consumption during the day due to the PV on the house roof

View attachment 122996
Why does the Volt not start charging at full rate at 00:30? Does it ramp up slowly? Then there is the sudden drop off at 04:00. All in all, quite unlike the charging profile of my Leaf.

Seeing as you have gas, is the display a merged combination of the two?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Why does the Volt not start charging at full rate at 00:30? Does it ramp up slowly? Then there is the sudden drop off at 04:00. All in all, quite unlike the charging profile of my Leaf.

Seeing as you have gas, is the display a merged combination of the two?
Good questions. The graph is in kWh not kW, so it's measuring the amount of energy consumed in each half-hour block. I've set the charging timer for 00:45 rather than 00:30, so it will only consume half the energy between 00:30 and 01:00.

This graph is 'leccy only. Gas is via a different button, but this just gives the reading as a number, not a graph.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I know it's kWh and starting half-way through the period explains the lower usage in that half-hour block. Do you have any good reason for not starting at 00:30? I like to make full use of the 4-hour window myself.
Well, the battery isn't usually completely empty so doesn't need the full 4 hours to charge. So I thought I'd start it a little later in case of time differences between the Volt clock and the meter clock. Probably only going to be a few mins though so not gonna make much difference.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do we get monthly graphs as well as daily ones? We’ve been with them less than a month to find out. Ovo our previous supplier gave daily and monthly graphs so hoping for the same. Our switch to Octopus and then Go was painless. We had a Liberty Secure smelts 1 already so no issues. Just annoyed we can’t have Outgoing with Go, we have non FIT solar

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Do we get monthly graphs as well as daily ones? We’ve been with them less than a month to find out. Ovo our previous supplier gave daily and monthly graphs so hoping for the same. Our switch to Octopus and then Go was painless. We had a Liberty Secure smelts 1 already so no issues. Just annoyed we can’t have Outgoing with Go, we have non FIT solar

Looking at the bill that I got them to generate a few days ago, there is no monthly usage graph. There is a page for each day.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Well, the battery isn't usually completely empty so doesn't need the full 4 hours to charge. So I thought I'd start it a little later in case of time differences between the Volt clock and the meter clock. Probably only going to be a few mins though so not gonna make much difference.
Actually your car clock will be synchronised to GPS, so accurate to the second.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there an easy way to download the online half hourly data for those of us with limited knowledge of using API scripts i.e. a ready made text script which I can just plug in my meter number and date range for the data?
Cheers

1661 - 1680 of 1858 Posts