Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Octopus Go and Octopus Agile are both consumption tariffs and will have no impact on your FIT arrangement. You can keep your FIT with your existing provider and simply switch your consumption tariffs to Octopus.

Octopus also offer a product called Outgoing Octopus. This is their export tariff and comes in two flavours, fixed at 5.5p or Agile, which varies in the same way their consumption Agile tariff does. I’d think it would be better to keep your deemed 50% export tariff than switch to a metered export tariff.

We charge using Go Faster, which works in a similar way to Go, but you can start at 8.30 (or later) rather than attempting to use our solar (6.2 kW system) as sadly we are not in FIT, just the SEG. As Go Faster is 5p, and our SEG rate is also 5p, there is no financial advantage to charging the car with the panels.

Something to be aware of with a Zappi is that it will only charge the car if about 1kW is being exported. If it’s a cloudy day and it’s jumping above and below that level, the charging will keep stopping and starting. I didn’t really fancy that idea, clunking the car on and off charge potentially dozens of times in a day.

If you do decide to switch to Octopus you are welcome to use my code below for £50 credit on both our accounts.

· Registered
1,299 Posts
I had a few quotes for a Zappi and they came in around £1300. With the grant you mention it would bring it to a sensible price. Might need to check if Zappi can work with the I-boost ok, they do an Eddi which does the same job if not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.