Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an unexpected bill for Octopus-Go and took a bit of time with a spreadsheet and back bills to figure out what was going on.

Until 8th August 2019 I was being billed on GO using a single rate smart meter and an average rate calculated on my bill.
My smart meter was then remotely updated to a 2 rate day/night meter - which meant that the IHD showed the correct price for Go.
In September 2019 I was billed for 2 rates - the night rate was billed from the 9th August, BUT the day rate was only billed from the 29th Aug 2019.

In December 2019 - they noticed the mistake, reversed the bills, and charged for both night and day rates BUT both from the 21st August 2019.

Today I received an unexpected Electricity bill and noticed it was for 9th August to 21st August 2019 so they have again made an adjustment, the calculation was based on the daily smart meter reads for these days rather then the day/night reading from the meter.

The billing is now correct, but other customers who were switched from a single rate to dual rate on GO may also get an unexpected bill.

The latest adjustment came in just before the restriction on 12 month back billing!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Given that it was so long ago and not the customers fault I'm surprised that they didn't just write it off. :devilish:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm happy with Octopus, the money is due, and they have a risk at the moment with possible increased bad debts so every penny counts. I can just see someone in finance saying - "I know we have been busy working on the billing system taking on new companies but remember that problem last August, well if we don't fix it this month we can't backdate bills to our customer".

Would also have been nice though if they told the customer why the adjusted bills were being produced, or got it right on the first fix in December.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
191 Posts
I just had my whole year of bills credited back to my account, and another bill generated for the period of July 19 to June 20. 219 pages of itemised usage.

Everything from 16th December to 11 April incorrect as my tariff changed to octopus go faster as confirmed in email I received. So my go faster tariff times were 2030-0130, I changed the car charging times to match that, used the dishwasher, washer, dryer etc during those hours and was being charged full rate for those hours and not the 4.7p plus vat. They’ve just credited the whole lot back again.

I moved to the Tesla plan in April anyway so there’s not a great deal that can go wrong with that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,256 Posts
So my go faster tariff times were 2030-0130, I changed the car charging times to match that, used the dishwasher, washer, dryer etc during those hours and was being charged full rate for those hours and not the 4.7p plus vat.
Oh dear. I've just gone that way about a month ago. I did have a word with them about that as the IHD(?) no longer shows the correct cost. I was assured that was normal. I'll have to keep a close eye on my statements. That is when they send me some!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts