Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've recently gone to the Go tariff 3 months ago, but I've not received the bills, and customer services are now saying I need to ask for the bills and they will pull them then and send them to me ? Is that the same for you guys or do you get your electric bills automatically ?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,231 Posts
Hi

I've recently gone to the Go tariff 3 months ago, but I've not received the bills, and customer services are now saying I need to ask for the bills and they will pull them then and send them to me ? Is that the same for you guys or do you get your electric bills automatically ?
My first one took a full 6 months to show up by email, but it covered the whole 6 months from June-December of 2020.
Attached was a 44-page pdf showing usage for every 30-min period in those 6 months!
The bills have since been appearing monthly as expected.

·
jim5452
465 Posts
You will eventually get your bills monthly on the same day every month, but be patient it takes a while, took me from AUGUST till JANUARY to get my first one, if you really must have your bill you can request one

·
jim5452
465 Posts
Yes there are a few on IOS App store, just put in OCTOPUS ENERGY, I also think the same applies to google store
You then put in your code and account number from OCTOPUS ENERGY web API

·
Registered
312 Posts
The smart tariffs often fail to trigger billing if any of the 30-minute periods is missing. When this happens, Octopus has to request the missing data from the DCC before they can generate a bill.

I monitor for days missing data using the iPhone AgileWatcher app, and then email [email protected] to request any missing data a week before my usual billing date. Thankfully I’ve only needed to do this twice since being a customer.

I’m hoping Octopus is learning from these beta tariff problems and adding detection to trigger automated backfills—they cannot expect customers to chase these every time!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,732 Posts
I joined Go in November and received my first leccy bill at the end of December. Since then I have only received one for gas and that was probably triggered by me sending in a reading (gas meter is not smart yet).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I joined GO last February and I started receiving the fully detailed bills in May. Thereafter I receive them monthly within the first few days of the month.

Regarding the "app", it's correct that there isn't one for the standard GO tariff. However, you can log into your account on their website and view daily usage there. To make it easier, I just saved the site to my home screen on my phone so it's instantly available - almost like an app.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I use an app called OctoComparison. Available from the App Store. It shows your consumption from the day before and gives a figure of what your comsumption would have cost for Agile, Go, Standard Rate and I added Go Faster 2030.

Well worth it, the app has nothing to do with me.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,732 Posts
I use an app called OctoComparison. Available from the App Store. It shows your consumption from the day before and gives a figure of what your comsumption would have cost for Agile, Go, Standard Rate and I added Go Faster 2030.

Well worth it, the app has nothing to do with me.
iOS only?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts