Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen this, not quite sure how it all works and the news articles seem to be leaving off the actual website you want to go to. You need to be a Natwest customer and will obviously switch over to Octopus.

Octopus Energy this one is for consumers, there is a separate page for commercial applications.

Looks like currently the options are for the Zappi 2, Ohme, EO Mini Pro 2, Wallbox Pulsar Plus, Alden Eve Single. Shame the Andersen A2 isn't an option imo.

You'll also get 3 years access to the Electric Juice Network charging points.

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in one of the charging point sections on the forum.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,520 Posts
What happened to the tethered units?

Reactions: Jon-B

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question, maybe you get the option during the application, it does say the prices as "from", though that could be dependent on how much work the installation requires at your property too.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
59 Posts
Just signed up for the Electric Juice Network - rfid card on the way. Not sure when I'll need to use it and no doubt they'll be expanded the supplier portfolio. I'm down in the pointy end of Cornwall so don't recognise any of the quoted chargepoint providers (yet) - Also, not travelling very far at the moment what with lockdown etc - BUT - thinking about the future.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
59 Posts
They've missed a trick with the details of the Pulsar Plus - self contained earthing magic jiggery-pokery - not mentioned and a definite selling point (I reckon - always love a bit of magic, hence the EV ownership)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,152 Posts
Just signed up for the Electric Juice Network - rfid card on the way. Not sure when I'll need to use it and no doubt they'll be expanded the supplier portfolio. I'm down in the pointy end of Cornwall so don't recognise any of the quoted chargepoint providers (yet) - Also, not travelling very far at the moment what with lockdown etc - BUT - thinking about the future.
Looks like the closest to you is a pair of "Plug-n-Go" dual 22kW posts at Plymouth's Millbay Docks, or 2 Osprey rapids in pub car parks at Paignton & Edginswell.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
59 Posts
Looks like the closest to you is a pair of "Plug-n-Go" dual 22kW posts at Plymouth's Millbay Docks, or 2 Osprey rapids in pub car parks at Paignton & Edginswell.
70 miles to the Plymouth Plug-n-Go..... just about make it, better be working (lol) - I'm currently running it to 15% @ 80 miles and GOM is quoting 94 for 60mph journeys. Think I'll stay put for a little while longer. To be fair I'd take a quick charge at Victoria Services on the A30 nr St Austell and that'd help me break free of the gravitational pull that is Cornwall ;)(y).
As I said, regards Octopus Energy Juice Network, I'm sure they'll be expanding their portfolio extensively in the near future, specifically in order for me to take advantage of it...

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,152 Posts
70 miles to the Plymouth Plug-n-Go..... just about make it, better be working (lol) - I'm currently running it to 15% @ 80 miles and GOM is quoting 94 for 60mph journeys. Think I'll stay put for a little while longer. To be fair I'd take a quick charge at Victoria Services on the A30 nr St Austell and that'd help me break free of the gravitational pull that is Cornwall ;)(y).
As I said, regards Octopus Energy Juice Network, I'm sure they'll be expanding their portfolio extensively in the near future, specifically in order for me to take advantage of it...
I got it for use with Osprey chargepoints.
To me, the USP of the card is that it adds the charging fee onto your electricty bill (if you're an Octopus customer), instead of pulling it straight from your bank account.
Very handy if you run a healthy credit balance with Octopus!

·
Registered
2020 Kia Xceed Phev First Edition (Infra Red))
19 Posts
Why is the cheapest unit £550? I thought these were "discounted"?
I think those prices do not include the OLEV grants or the EST grants in Scotland, so could potentially be free in Scotland (plus £50 back from bank). I have emailed to see if my assumptions are correct.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Xceed Phev First Edition (Infra Red))
19 Posts
I think those prices do not include the OLEV grants or the EST grants in Scotland, so could potentially be free in Scotland (plus £50 back from bank). I have emailed to see if my assumptions are correct.
Okay, just heard back and I was wrong. The prices do include the OLEV grant (but not EST) so nowhere near the BONKERS PRICES that the PR was suggesting.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I got it for use with Osprey chargepoints.
To me, the USP of the card is that it adds the charging fee onto your electricty bill (if you're an Octopus customer), instead of pulling it straight from your bank account.
Very handy if you run a healthy credit balance with Octopus!
I joined a while ago on the beta but only used a couple of times. There weren't many chargers initially and with the various lockdowns we haven't done many longer journeys!

It is great they now give access to Osprey - hopefully more will be added and it looks likely the government will mandate that aggregators like Octopus are given access to all UK networks. Probably not until end 2021 (or later) though to allow time for implementation.

I agree the costs for charging points don't look as attractive as the PR made out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts