Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Thought I would start a generic thread that those who have used a referral code from a speak ev member when moving to octopus, can say thank you, as all you get is a first name when using. So thank you to those who have used mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm about to sign up for the octopus go tariff. how do I got about using a referral link to get this tariff?
theres 50 quid in it for the first one to answer.....

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
cheers. doesn't show me an option for the go tariff so I've emailed them.
I am in the process of changing to Go:

Pick an interim tariff. Use the referral link to switch to that one. Once you are on the interim tariff, ask to change to go.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,252 Posts
Can someone please tell me about the change of meter thing. Is it a smart meter and is it a bodge up 'only Octopus' sort of 'smart meter'?

Still not very comfortable swapping out meters just for a few pence saving.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can someone please tell me about the change of meter thing. Is it a smart meter and is it a bodge up 'only Octopus' sort of 'smart meter'?

Still not very comfortable swapping out meters just for a few pence saving.
Yes you will need a smart meter. If you have SMETS 2 meter installed (the newest variant) then it is designed to be fully portable between energy suppliers. If your circumstances dictate that you need to have a SMETS1 smart meter fitted, then it will likely become dumb if you ever move suppliers in the future. However, there is an imminent programme to update SMETS 1 meters to be fully portable between, although I don't believe it has started yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
But ....

Octopus admit they are having trouble with SMETS 2 meters. Some installs do not go smoothly.

They are starting to use their own team to install meters which might be better.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts