Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Thought I would start a generic thread that those who have used a referral code from a speak ev member when moving to octopus, can say thank you, as all you get is a first name when using. So thank you to those who have used mine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm about to sign up for the octopus go tariff. how do I got about using a referral link to get this tariff?
theres 50 quid in it for the first one to answer.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers. doesn't show me an option for the go tariff so I've emailed them.
You first have to sign up and your account up and running, then they will allow you to switch to go tariff. You will need to have a smart meter to get go tariff.

·
Super Moderator
11,163 Posts
cheers. doesn't show me an option for the go tariff so I've emailed them.
I am in the process of changing to Go:

Pick an interim tariff. Use the referral link to switch to that one. Once you are on the interim tariff, ask to change to go.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
24,071 Posts
Can someone please tell me about the change of meter thing. Is it a smart meter and is it a bodge up 'only Octopus' sort of 'smart meter'?

Still not very comfortable swapping out meters just for a few pence saving.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can someone please tell me about the change of meter thing. Is it a smart meter and is it a bodge up 'only Octopus' sort of 'smart meter'?

Still not very comfortable swapping out meters just for a few pence saving.
Yes you will need a smart meter. If you have SMETS 2 meter installed (the newest variant) then it is designed to be fully portable between energy suppliers. If your circumstances dictate that you need to have a SMETS1 smart meter fitted, then it will likely become dumb if you ever move suppliers in the future. However, there is an imminent programme to update SMETS 1 meters to be fully portable between, although I don't believe it has started yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,163 Posts
But ....

Octopus admit they are having trouble with SMETS 2 meters. Some installs do not go smoothly.

They are starting to use their own team to install meters which might be better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts