Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experience of this tarrif?

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
292 Posts
I was on it whilst waiting for a Smets2 meter and moving to Agile. It is generally seen as their cheapest tariff if you can’t use Go or Agile.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on it whilst waiting for a Smets2 meter and moving to Agile. It is generally seen as their cheapest tariff if you can’t use Go or Agile.
As you moved away from Tracker onto Agile, did you not get on with the tariff?
I am moving somewhere that doesn't have a SMETS2 meter at present, so am looking at alternatives.
Thanks for your speedy response.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,365 Posts
I am moving somewhere that doesn't have a SMETS2 meter at present, so am looking at alternatives.
Agile should be cheaper for most (especially people with EV's), so most use the tracker tariff only until a smart meter is available.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agile should be cheaper for most (especially people with EV's), so most use the tracker tariff only until a smart meter is available.
Thanks, do you need a SMETS 1meter for Tracker?

·
2,365 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
No smart meter is required at all which is why people use it before having a smart meter fitted.

They average out the rates/usage between your meter readings.

View attachment 137271
I was on the phone today asking as I want to move to Octopus and asked if I could go on the tracker tariff until a smart meter was installed. I was told no.

·
2,365 Posts
I was on the phone today asking as I want to move to Octopus and asked if I could go on the tracker tariff until a smart meter was installed. I was told no.
It's possible the CS person wasn't aware. There's plenty on here who've been on it without a smart meter.

You can sign up directly from the website:

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's possible the CS person wasn't aware. There's plenty on here who've been on it without a smart meter.

You can sign up directly from the website:
Yep, looked at that website and the CS person doesn't sound right. That makes quite a difference as a bit hesitant to transfer because of the gas increase of the fixed deal over my current tariff given just coming into the winter months, but then the tracker isn't so bad!

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55
1,057 Posts
Yep, looked at that website and the CS person doesn't sound right. That makes quite a difference as a bit hesitant to transfer because of the gas increase of the fixed deal over my current tariff given just coming into the winter months, but then the tracker isn't so bad!
Why change the gas as well? Leave it where it is, or if that's not possible, find another supplier. I've found that dual fuel tariffs are rarely the best nowadays. I'm with Octopus for electric and So Energy for gas, worked out the best for me with usage patterns.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
292 Posts
Tracker is fine in the absence of a smets2 meter but doesn’t give cheap time of day for EV owners which is why it was a holding position for me until the meter installation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why change the gas as well? Leave it where it is, or if that's not possible, find another supplier. I've found that dual fuel tariffs are rarely the best nowadays. I'm with Octopus for electric and So Energy for gas, worked out the best for me with usage patterns.
Yep, might go that way. For ease was looking at dual fuel as was thinking there wasn't a huge price difference, but can actually move the gas to something quite a bit cheaper

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yep, might go that way. For ease was looking at dual fuel as was thinking there wasn't a huge price difference, but can actually move the gas to something quite a bit cheaper
I echo this sentimment. Using different companies for your gas & electric can often be cheaper and gove you more flexibility

My 'leccy is with Octopus on the Go Faster ()230 to 0630) tariff

My gas is with Zogg Energy and in the past it has been with So Energy, Zogg, Octopus and now Zogg again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts