Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a minor thing, but I’ve observed while granny charging the new car that the time displayed on the IP whilst charging is a bit random. I’m getting to appear by pressing the door unlock button with the fob out of range.

On the infotainment setup I have the time sync’d to GPS. I might change that to none or DAB to see if that improves it.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it just another little quirk, or does that time mean something I’m missing?

ETA: if it’s time remaining to 100% then it’s varying wildly! Could it be that it needs to learn a new battery?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I only ever charge after half midnight (Octopus Go) so I've never paid attention. I've only ever rapid charged four times and the speed has been inconsitent.. Ionity once just briefly to check, Engenie once and not really that fast due to a bug they're working on, Ecotricity (two other Ecotricities have failed me) and Polar.

I didn't know, or had forgotten, you could change the infotainment time source, if I did set it I don't remember. My rough guess is that it would.

so actually, my answers not much use. hmm. I will check the time sync and get back to you.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
@SkippyKitten the time shown when connected to a ac charger on the information pack is time to 100% charge. You only get it on AC charging.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I subsequently realised this 🤦🏻‍♂️ the time displayed was pretty random to start off with, which led me to ask. It’s settled down in the last hour or so to be roughly minute/minute count down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update. Third charging cycle and it has calmed down significantly. Predicted time was accurate to within ~15mins from the off this time.

It also appeared to wake up correctly on a switched off granny cable and locked for 20mins before powering up the charger. 🙂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts