Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Odometer Contest: Anyone over 40k miles?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Richiec 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm on the brink of buying a used 2017 b250e with 12k miles. I'm hoping for long term ownership like the kind one would get with an old Volvo 240 after 20 years. Does that kind of ownership exist anymore? Sounds dreamy to me. I"d be happy if I got the equivalent of my gen 1 Volt ownership. 7 years of ownership 85k miles with no issues, 3 oil changes, 1 set of tires and no repairs. There's a guy on Youtube that's driven his Volt like 300k miles now! That just amazing to me. I'm a big commuter too and plan to put miles on this car! So I'm attempting to prove to myself and the ev community at large that these cars were not built to fail after 40k miles. So far I haven't seen any on the American market with more than 38k miles. Prove me wrong! I would love to buy this car.

1. What model year b250e do you own?
2. How long have you owned it?
3. What's the current odometer reading?
4. How many of those miles are yours?
5. How reliable has the car been for you? Solid car no issues, Expected services and maintenance, Some minor issues, Major issues (like drive unit replacement(s), dreaded coolant leaks etc).

Thank you kindly for weighing in! :geek:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi All,
I'm on the brink of buying a used 2017 b250e with 12k miles. I'm hoping for long term ownership like the kind one would get with an old Volvo 240 after 20 years. Does that kind of ownership exist anymore? Sounds dreamy to me. I"d be happy if I got the equivalent of my gen 1 Volt ownership. 7 years of ownership 85k miles with no issues, 3 oil changes, 1 set of tires and no repairs. There's a guy on Youtube that's driven his Volt like 300k miles now! That just amazing to me. I'm a big commuter too and plan to put miles on this car! So I'm attempting to prove to myself and the ev community at large that these cars were not built to fail after 40k miles. So far I haven't seen any on the American market with more than 38k miles. Prove me wrong! I would love to buy this car.

1. What model year b250e do you own?
2. How long have you owned it?
3. What's the current odometer reading?
4. How many of those miles are yours?
5. How reliable has the car been for you? Solid car no issues, Expected services and maintenance, Some minor issues, Major issues (like drive unit replacement(s), dreaded coolant leaks etc).

Thank you kindly for weighing in! :geek:

#3 ·
Hi, I have a 2016 B250e Electric Art Premium with the extended battery option. Purchased in February 2019 with 27,000 miles....currently 38,000 (11,000 miles in 9 months!!!). No issues, I did change the front tyres at 30,000 miles. In October the car had its 3rd Mercedes service (A service) and battery check, cost £67.00 GBP....they even left 3/4 bottle of screenwash in the boot. Breakpad wear....10% after 3 years and 38,000 miles. I have since refilled the screenwash. Totally pleased with the car, love the pre-heat option these winter mornings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.