Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this Saturday I'm off to a dealers not to far from me to, fingers crossed, pick up a second hand Renault Zoe.

It's a 2013 model, Dynamique Intens

Any tips on what I should look out for? What is the score with the Chameleon charger in this model? Didn't they change it at some point?

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated. I always get a little nervous when it comes to such a big purchase.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after a traumatic time last Saturday where I drove with the pregnant wife for 2 hours to get to the dealers in St Albans, actually get a test drive and then to be told after we returned that the car was already sold to someone else with no notice to me (even though I was told it was on hold for me, not a happy bunny), I ended up driving 2 hours back to the Renault garage literally 2 mins from my house and picking an ex-press car for a cracking deal. Still has the plastic on the interior trim. Has very little millage for a 15 plate. Pick her up tomorrow as she is getting a service and valet.

Here is my list of things to make sure of:
  • Check no warning lights on dash on start
  • Get 10 digit alpha/numerical code for ZE online
  • Check for type 2 to type 2 cable. (getting granny thrown in for free as well)
  • 2 key cards
  • Emergency road kit
  • Alloy wheel nut key
  • Owners manual and doc pack
Any thing else I should ask or check. All very exciting, looking forward to having 3/4 of our transport now fully electric.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Well after a traumatic time last Saturday where I drove with the pregnant wife for 2 hours to get to the dealers in St Albans, actually get a test drive and then to be told after we returned that the car was already sold to someone else with no notice to me (even though I was told it was on hold for me, not a happy bunny), I ended up driving 2 hours back to the Renault garage literally 2 mins from my house and picking an ex-press car for a cracking deal. Still has the plastic on the interior trim. Has very little millage for a 15 plate. Pick her up tomorrow as she is getting a service and valet.

Here is my list of things to make sure of:
  • Check no warning lights on dash on start
  • Get 10 digit alpha/numerical code for ZE online
  • Check for type 2 to type 2 cable. (getting granny thrown in for free as well)
  • 2 key cards
  • Emergency road kit
  • Alloy wheel nut key
  • Owners manual and doc pack
Any thing else I should ask or check. All very exciting, looking forward to having 3/4 of our transport now fully electric.
What battery rental options were you given? Did you have to pick from today's options, or does the car effectively carry its grandfathered rental pricing with it, i.e. are you paying what the first owner paid?

·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think we were given today's options. £69 per month for 7500 miles £80ish for 10,000
We won't hit 7500 miles so stuck with £69. Seemed like a brand new agreement. No mention of transferring. This maybe because we are getting it from an official Renault dealer tho so they cancel the hire when they take ownership. Not sure. I'll ask in the morning when I pick it up. The guy we were dealing with was very approachable

·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure it's a 43kw rapid model and not a 22kw model.
Yup checked this and it appears to be Q210 model as was made before they released the R240 in October of 2015.
But in fairness even though my preference would be for Q210 the R240 wouldn't hinder what we plan to do with this car, short city run about and for the wife to commute to work, about 5-10miles, when she finishes mat leave. Q210 would be beneficial for the odd long adventure but in reality the Outlander is there for any 100+ mile family trips. Also we can't turn down the price offered.

·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the Zoe is back home now plugged in on charge. Very happy. Popped the bonnet in the end and def a Q210, no plastic gubbins on motor stack.
Ended up ordering a few extras, arm rest, mats, boot liner. Nothing too expensive but maybe could of negotiated earlier if I'd remembered.
All the questions checked off. Waiting for activation number for ze services as has to be generated.
Can not be happier with the purchase. Now time for the baby to arrive this week

·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
8th digit of the vin number

A = 43kw
B = 22kw
Can confirm that the 8th digit is an A to back that up, cheers. Useful little thing to know as the dealers can't seem to tell themselves

1 - 14 of 14 Posts