Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1091 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You say that, but I have a strong feeling that this fiasco is due to the cars having been built already with a certain number of each colour. Hence, I might not get my first choice of Blue.
I think the only external difference between LHD and RHD variants is going to be the headlamps? So if Kia are building Konas of every colour for various markets, then your choice of colour shouldn't affect the delivery time?

With everyone getting the same internal trim, there's no chance of accidentally delaying your order by picking something harder for Kia to fulfil?

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
I think the only external difference between LHD and RHD variants is going to be the headlamps? So if Kia are building Konas of every colour for various markets, then your choice of colour shouldn't affect the delivery time?

With everyone getting the same internal trim, there's no chance of accidentally delaying your order by picking something harder for Kia to fulfil?
Sunroofs too...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sunroofs too...
do UK owners get a choice of sun roof? I imagine that the body shell for sun roof fitted cars is the same for LHD and RHD?

·
Embracing the GTE revolution in Golf GTE
471 Posts
I had my order placed on the 10th for Gravity Blue. As of yet no confirmation from Kia HO as to delivery. I was however 4th in line with my dealer so God only knows!

I have a five page order from that was used to secure my deposit but I guess that means diddly squat.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I'd count an official order as one which is in Kia's order book, so they're effectively obliged to sell you one
I think the only thing they are obliged to do is give you your deposit back if they can't supply one unless you have included express contractual conditions requiring them to deliver an E-Niro to you by a prescribed date with some form of specific damages clause for delay or failure. An order is worthless if they have no cars to sell ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another for the list..
Grey. Ordered when the order book opened on the Thursday. 2nd in line at the dealer. "official" paperwork yet. Letting them get on with it

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Another for the list..
Grey. Ordered when the order book opened on the Thursday. 2nd in line at the dealer. "official" paperwork yet. Letting them get on with it
added to list. thanks.

hopefully some dealers will be more "on the ball" and keep people better informed, and then we can find out what's really going on.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I don't expect they know much either. I emailed the salesman this morning but its his day off. I'm hope I hear more tomorrow.

To add, I've just been looking at the facebook page and someone has an email from Kia saying there will be delivery dates by the end of the month. Could it really be another 2 weeks before we fine out what is happening?

·
Banned
195 Posts
Ordered blue one on 10/01 which was when Kia opened on line booking for their garages. I was 3rd to order at my garage. """ Disclaimer , what follows is what Kia have told me via Kia Motors UK fb page messaging, I merely pass it on"""" Kia say dealers will be informed about del dates at a meeting in mid Feb.There will be 1000 1st Editions this year for the UK and dealers will have one demonstrator that they are not allowed to sell until much later. As there are 192 dealers that leaves just over 800 to be sold this year. Ist dels are expected in April with another shipment in August. Our contracts are with the garage not Kia and even when eventually we get confirmation from Kia some time after the Feb meeting for dealers car purchase contracts are always so worded as to render the customer effectively powerless. I have been informed by Kia that as yet no cars have been allocated but they are likely to be done on a first come first served basis. I do not think anyone as yet has a Vin so has not yet had a specific car allocated. Is everyone here aware of the fb "Kia e-Niro UK Interest Group site which may have info of interest?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If it's like the Kona, you'll get a VIN allocated when the car is loaded onto the ship in Korea as that seems to be when they get allocated to their owners. From then it's about 6 weeks before it docks in the UK, then another 2-3 weeks to get to the dealer and have the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection).

41 - 60 of 1091 Posts