Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1091 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Finally pick up car on Monday. I have noticed that their is no winter mode option in the menu. Was told by dealer it is on all the time in the uk this seems odd to me. What have other people found in their menus?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Let me get this right, someone in Kia (dealer or otherwise) is going to proactively contact me to talk to me? Hmmm, that’ll be a first then.
My dealer contacted me a month ago by both letter and phone about the new specification and price asking whether I wished to keep my order.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
My dealer contacted me a month ago by both letter and phone about the new specification and price asking whether I wished to keep my order.
My point stands, I’ve heard nothing whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Finally pick up car on Monday. I have noticed that their is no winter mode option in the menu. Was told by dealer it is on all the time in the uk this seems odd to me. What have other people found in their menus?
No winter mode in the UK, they decided we don't need it here as it doesn't get cold enough.
The Kona has it...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I believe it only kicks in at -12C doesn't happen here very often.
You may want to read this. It's a little outdated - class action against SK by LG (The article is about Kona but Kia uses the same tech):-

"When a dedicated 2 kW battery heater is available (as in the Canadian version), it is used primarily at sub-zero temperatures (0C or 32F) or when the driver enables an optional “Winter Mode”. The battery heater, if present, is located outside the battery pack and warms the liquid “coolant” just before it enters into the pack."

John.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Yup, I've also just had notification of delivery - on 21st Sept literally 24 hours before I go on holiday!
That's plenty of time for you to sort things out Doug, after all, you've waited 7 1/2 months, they should only have to provide you with 15 days notice which is perfectly reasonable. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
558 Posts
You may want to read this. It's a little outdated - class action against SK by LG (The article is about Kona but Kia uses the same tech):-

John.
It was one of the high profile youtubers who discovered it only kicked in at -12C . Can't remember who but logic suggests it was Bjorn as he lives in a super cold climate.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Given the delivery dates that are coming through, the cars for this batch must be on the Morning Lena - which left Korea on 5th August, a month ago. It is not due to dock in Immingham until 15th September - so what is it that has changed in the last couple of days to enable Kia logistics to be able to confirm delivery dates?

Or have they just been too bone idle to bother to let us know as soon as the ship had sailed?

·
Registered
624 Posts
That's plenty of time for you to sort things out Doug, after all, you've waited 7 1/2 months, they should only have to provide you with 15 days notice which is perfectly reasonable. :rolleyes:
What makes you think I've only been waiting for 7 1/2 months? I've been waiting for almost 50 years for a suitable electric vehicle. I first considered a milk float (suitably modified, of course) but couldn't find any for sale.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What makes you think I've only been waiting for 7 1/2 months? I've been waiting for almost 50 years for a suitable electric vehicle. I first considered a milk float (suitably modified, of course) but couldn't find any for sale.
:LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL::D

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Given the delivery dates that are coming through, the cars for this batch must be on the Morning Lena - which left Korea on 5th August, a month ago. It is not due to dock in Immingham until 15th September - so what is it that has changed in the last couple of days to enable Kia logistics to be able to confirm delivery dates?

Or have they just been too bone idle to bother to let us know as soon as the ship had sailed?
Exactly my frustration, they know they’ve built the car ages ago, why can’t they tell you? It really is appalling :rolleyes:

1041 - 1060 of 1091 Posts