Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 1091 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I've had an email to leave a review after contacting customer services. It wasn't at all favourable and I made sure they know it wasn't anything to do with customer services.
Kia haven't tried to look after their customers at all. I thought the response I had from VW with our e-Golf order was bad but at least I could get in contact with someone above customer services basic level who seemed to care and tried to help. Kia just seem to give standard answers and be content to leave customers in the dark.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm STILL on the unfinished business as far as Kia customer service is concerned but I think that we need to distinguish between the management of the sales process and the management of any after-sales issues that have arisen (and I'm aware of the 'clicking' issues that @Woodulike has had with his car).

The sales organisation is, frankly, atrocious and I suspect has resulted in a number of cancellations and (worse from a Kia point of view) lost future customers. But, from my reading of these pages, when post sales issues have arisen such as the problem with Connected Services and, to be fair, the 'clicking' issue, Kia do seem to have responded with much more intent.

Do not, however, get me started on the inadequacies of the sales team because I might have apoplexy!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Just given a very bad review of my dealership don't suppose it will do any good.
I don’t have a great problem with my dealer. It’s the other ones who I think are playing fast and loose with the system and Kia who can’t seem to manage the proverbial brewery party.

Oh and did I mention communication? I’ve had more communication with my great great grandfather who’s been 6 foot under for over 100 years 🙄

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah! Just got informed by dealer thay my car will be delivered new wednesday!
Gravity blue.

Does anyone know about a good boot mat? floor mats? my dealer doesnt have e-niro specifc acessories yet?

.. now i need to sort out my Zappi!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah! Just got informed by dealer thay my car will be delivered new wednesday!
Gravity blue.

Does anyone know about a good boot mat? floor mats? my dealer doesnt have e-niro specifc acessories yet?

.. now i need to sort out my Zappi!
Ask the Dealer if he leaves the floor mats in as some do some don't.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,070
unfortunately, I am unable to edit the first message of this long thread. @Patlon who's order was:
Colour: blue
Ordered: Jan 18th (third and last slot at dealers)
Delivery: September ??

says he's been told by his dealer delivery will be early October.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Given the delivery dates that are coming through, the cars for this batch must be on the Morning Lena - which left Korea on 5th August, a month ago. It is not due to dock in Immingham until 15th September - so what is it that has changed in the last couple of days to enable Kia logistics to be able to confirm delivery dates?

Or have they just been too bone idle to bother to let us know as soon as the ship had sailed?
No, your car is already at port as are the rest of the cars in the September batch. When people receive their short notice ETAs, that means the batch is here and Kia have just completed the allocation. Frustrating I know but the reason Kia in UK don't tell us earlier is because they don't know! They have to physically receive them off the ship and then allocate them because South Korea don't communicate "this car is for x customer" etc. Your 2 week ETA is now to account for transferring to the port storage, prep and transportation. Any cars on the Morning Lena will be for handovers in October.

·
Registered
624 Posts
No, your car is already at port as are the rest of the cars in the September batch. When people receive their short notice ETAs, that means the batch is here and Kia have just completed the allocation. Frustrating I know but the reason Kia in UK don't tell us earlier is because they don't know! They have to physically receive them off the ship and then allocate them because South Korea don't communicate "this car is for x customer" etc. Your 2 week ETA is now to account for transferring to the port storage, prep and transportation. Any cars on the Morning Lena will be for handovers in October.
That's hugely encouraging but, forgive my scepticism, how do you know that. My understanding has always been that the cars spend 24 hours or so at the Immingham facility being given an initial PDI and then transported to the dealership for final PDI. And that would fit with the cars being on the Morning Lena. It is not that I don't believe you it is that the whole delivery process has been so chaotic that there is just too much room for doubt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is the fault of Kia UK. They do not tell the dealers anything. My dealer was showing us and nothing updates until the car is on the truck to the dealership. Even when the truck arrives at the dealer it still says in transit.
At least your dealer was looking I had 1 phone call that I did not initiate in nearly 9 months and that was the day it was going to arrive at the dealer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So Kia as we all seem to agree in the UK has been rubbish,yet still everyone hopes this will improve,the new model will be posted soon and nothing will change,the price will increase and the punters still pay the deposit,for a product and specification not confirmed no wonder most dealers do not care,and still they came to order!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's hugely encouraging but, forgive my scepticism, how do you know that. My understanding has always been that the cars spend 24 hours or so at the Immingham facility being given an initial PDI and then transported to the dealership for final PDI. And that would fit with the cars being on the Morning Lena. It is not that I don't believe you it is that the whole delivery process has been so chaotic that there is just too much room for doubt.
Someone else on another forum had good knowledge about movement at port. I've seen elsewhere (can't find the page now) that someone else in your batch has been told an estimated delivery date a few days before so impossible that it's on the Morning Lena. This tells me your batch are all present and correct. Yes, you're right that there is a PDI at the dealer but it still takes a couple of weeks for cars to make their way from ship to storage / prep and then on to transportation.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Johnny,

Just a quick note to say thank you for your time this afternoon. I now know what to listen for in my car but hope that, in consequence, I don't become paranoid if I can't hear it!

I also thoroughly enjoyed our chat but it did make me a bit late to pick up my wife! Fortunately a friend gave her a lift home so I am not in disgrace (particularly as I then brought in all the wahing!).

Best Regards

Doug

·
Registered
11 Posts
2 month lead time on Zappi, I have got one being installed on the 28th October, car due in September (hopefully)
Good planning, bit I didn't want to order before getting my VIN number (required for grant) and delivery date... I will see how much I can do with the granny cable..

·
Registered
624 Posts
Whoopee!! It's here! My car arrived at the dealer last Friday and they worked over the weekend to get it ready for me today. I was not expecting to get it until 21st Sept, just a couple of days before our holiday, and had arranged to borrow the demonstrator so that I could test out a few things beforehand and was expecting to pick that up today. Not a bit of it. They, Donald's, had mine under wraps and convinced me that it was the demo car so I was TOTALLY gobsmacked when they revealed my car.

So, well done Donald's of Bury St Edmunds, whatever other dealers are like, Donald's are tops.

Over the moon!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Does it click? Does it connect to traffic updates? Tell us more!

1061 - 1080 of 1091 Posts