Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://2cev.co.uk

So I have dreamed of owening an electric 2cv for ages and was so excited when I saw this!!!

Unfortunately looking at the specs I don't see how its a usable car - a 10kw batter they say will have a range of 75 miles?

I do hope that as they develop it they can increase range!

Still I wonder as it seems a more home brew car - I wonder if future battery upgrade may be easier without the normal lock on the BMS software - if they made this open source then that may really see such cars or kits take off.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
75 miles from 10kWh does seem very optimistic, since that's 7.5 miles/kWh. :ROFLMAO: I'm not aware of any road going EV that can achieve that even in optimal circumstances.

I think 50 miles is achievable though, albeit not at high speeds as the 2CV is not exactly very aerodynamic, especially with the roof off. :p

When my Ion's battery had degraded to about 11kWh usable it was able to do about 55 miles at 50mph and at 1150Kg it's considerably heavier than a 2CV.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Know Simon!

I also think their 75 mile range is either very concerning! And I had not thought about the aerodynamics of the car at all!

Plus its got gears and I thought that despite extra torque you sacrificed range in an EV with gears?

Was just sat here thinking about the charging aspect - they are using a male commando built into the car so Im guessing their charging lead will be a 3 pin plug to commando female you plug straight in without any EVSE box as an in-between.

In addition no fast DC option means its use will be very limited.

We used to have a 2cv and want another, one thing I cannot get my head around is the handling, we often wend horizontal when going around a round about - without an upright box of batteries in the boot - can you imagine the lean on that thing!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
My friend sold her lovely Peugeot 205 to buy a custom painted 2cv. I've neve been so petrified in all my life. You could see the road through the gap in the door. I'd imagine it could be fun for someone in the country who only needs it to pop into the village or something -. But anything serious ? Count me out. I can't imagine it would fare well in any collision with something bigger than a pigeon.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,444 Posts
20kW motor. So that's why it'll do 75miles on a charge. Car won't be troubling any ICE 2CVs for a top speed challenge.

Reactions: JohnMars

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
3,110 Posts
My friend sold her lovely Peugeot 205 to buy a custom painted 2cv. I've neve been so petrified in all my life. You could see the road through the gap in the door. I'd imagine it could be fun for someone in the country who only needs it to pop into the village or something -. But anything serious ? Count me out. I can't imagine it would fare well in any collision with something bigger than a pigeon.
But you can drive across a ploughed field wearing a top hat with a tray of eggs on the back seat without breaking any.

Who could ask for more?

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
Kona64
1,902 Posts
Bit confuddled about the charging --- suggests using zap map, talks about CCS being a new good standard ---- then shows a round pin commando plug being used.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,066 Posts
How many people think they would survive a truck hitting the back of their stationary car at 60? At least in a 2cv it would all be over quickly.

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
I don't think that your five EuroNCAP stars would help you much in that situation is either.

Seems comparable?

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
According to the comments, non life-threatening injuries.

Reactions: Oli and Ez2517

·
Registered
989 Posts
I used to race a 2CV many years ago!
Great fun, cheap too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts