Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't trust the Vauxhall website! Last year I tried to use it to see if the local Vauxhall dealer did Ampera servicing - the website said yes. However I called the next closest dealer (Bellingers) who said that was incorrect. I suggest you phone the dealer and speak to them.
I did that and they still didn't know

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes Raimon, there are limited dealers for the Ampera. I do about 35 miles each way to Bellinger. If you say whereabouts you are I'm sure someone will be able to recommend one near to you. It's important to have the proper services at least until the warranties all expire (8 years I think) to keep it up on the electricals side, which would tend to be pricey if something went wrong (others can explain better).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes Raimon, there are limited dealers for the Ampera. I do about 35 miles each way to Bellinger. If you say whereabouts you are I'm sure someone will be able to recommend one near to you. It's important to have the proper services at least until the warranties all expire (8 years I think) to keep it up on the electricals side, which would tend to be pricey if something went wrong (others can explain better).
I currently don't own a Ampera or any electric vehicle in fact lol, but just lurking at the moment with the intention of getting a Ampera at the start of 2022 depending on my situation then. I have been a Vauxhall owner for the past 12 years owned the Vectra C (Diesel) and Insignia (Petrol). I always believe electric is the future but just taking off very slowly.
By then hopefully i be located in the Northamptonshire Area.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Hey Roger, many thanks for this. I've just received my defeat plug for the sensor from the US and haven't been able to clear the errors using any apps and either of two obd scanners.

I've actually had the car to a dealer now also who after four hours with the car, didn't charge me as their Ampera technician apparently was not working that day - after I drove there on purpose three weeks after making a booking and taking a day off work.

Do you still have use for the vcx nano or would you consider selling or tent it?
Sorry for the slow reply, only just seen this question.

The good news is that the Volt is still charging fine 🙂. The bad news is that it's now got the dreaded bearing rumble. Sigh...

I'll be hanging onto the nano while I continue to own a Volt, just in case of future issues. £75 isn't much as an insurance policy. It saved me that amount in fixing a single fault.

This was the item I purchased, though it seems to have gone up slightly in price...

The software you need is auto-downloaded from AC Delco when you select programming. None of the software on the included DVD was required for reprogramming. The older DOS style app doesn't support Volt\Ampera, and the other app only works on Win 7.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply, only just seen this question.

The good news is that the Volt is still charging fine 🙂. The bad news is that it's now got the dreaded bearing rumble. Sigh...

I'll be hanging onto the nano while I continue to own a Volt, just in case of future issues. £75 isn't much as an insurance policy. It saved me that amount in fixing a single fault.

This was the item I purchased, though it seems to have gone up slightly in price...

The software you need is auto-downloaded from AC Delco when you select programming. None of the software on the included DVD was required for reprogramming. The older DOS style app doesn't support Volt\Ampera, and the other app only works on Win 7.
Hi Roger, thanks for that. I went ahead and ordered the vcx nano anyway. As I'm in Ireland, the GM subscription I got was a European one (it didn't give me a choice), the vin wasn't recognised and there was no option for volt or Ampera on the dropdowns. Does your Von start with 1g0?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Roger, thanks for that. I went ahead and ordered the vcx nano anyway. As I'm in Ireland, the GM subscription I got was a European one (it didn't give me a choice), the vin wasn't recognised and there was no option for volt or Ampera on the dropdowns. Does your Von start with 1g0?
The VIN for both my Volts start with 1G1R96.

Vauxhall was flogged to PSA a few years ago, so they I'm wondering if AC Delco have stopped supporting Ampera and you have to go via the PSA equivalent site now?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The VIN for both my Volts start with 1G1R96.

Vauxhall was flogged to PSA a few years ago, so they I'm wondering if AC Delco have stopped supporting Ampera and you have to go via the PSA equivalent site now?
Yes, looks like Ampera now have to go via a different site...

According to the above post, you now need to to...

public.servicebox-parts.com

21 - 28 of 28 Posts