Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer, cheerful chap that he is, has just sent me this link. I guess there is going to be an even greater shortage of e-Niros (and Kona EVs) whilst they replenish the US market. :eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
A little more info:

"The Golden Ray was carrying some 4,000 cars manufactured in the US, and was headed to the Middle East for export. Some of them were Kia Motors cars, but most were from other global carmakers. "

Terrible tragedy, but maybe not one that will affect us EV awaiters . . .

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little more info:

"The Golden Ray was carrying some 4,000 cars manufactured in the US, and was headed to the Middle East for export. Some of them were Kia Motors cars, but most were from other global carmakers. "

Terrible tragedy, but maybe not one that will affect us EV awaiters . . .
I think that all depends on how many e-Niros were onboard (they are at the bottom of the sea now, obv!) One has to assume that any customer waiting for one of those cars is going to be top of the list for a replacement which will cause a knock-on delay all down the line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To my knowledge, e-Niros are NOT manufactured in the USA. So, unless there were also vehicles from Korea on board, my supposition stands.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
To my knowledge, e-Niros are NOT manufactured in the USA. So, unless there were also vehicles from Korea on board, my supposition stands.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
From what I've read, the ship was headed into Baltimore with 4000-ish cars on board. They were either delivering the cargo there, or may have sold the remaining 3000-ish vehicle capacity to a US manufacturer (Jeep maybe?) for EU deliveries.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, I cannot vouch for the veracity of the Korea Herald in my link in post #3 above, but it did say, as I quoted, that the ship was carrying "some 4,000 cars manufactured in the US, and was headed to the Middle East for export. Some of them were Kia Motors cars, but most were from other global carmakers". Maybe it was carrying others, as well?

Maybe I'm being a little snippy due to having to wait so long for a 2020 Soul EV in the USA. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts