Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just driving a short way home (amount a mile) when I was assaulted by 5 failure warnings!

Highway assist
Forward collision
Lane change assist

Were the ones I caught. Parked, grabbed a quick picture and then drove round the block and they went away...

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,473 Posts
Crud on something? Transport film on the camera or similar? Had something like than on the leaf when it had a fit when it was sleeting :rolleyes:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, maybe there was a bug on it - you can definitely tell it's not aerodynamic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happened on my demo of the car, told the dealership but it was quickly bypassed. seen quite a few posts now with people seeing this

·
Registered
44 Posts
My wife P45 also came up with this issue today, multiple warnings for systems, she switched it off/on and all cleared. Do we have any way of finding out what the latest software version is compared to the one on the car. I expect if I ring the service department I will get very little back from them in regard to software version.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had the problem again on our drive on Monday. Seems to clear if ignored. From another forum I think the latest software is either 210603 or 210723. I have no idea what any updates add or fix or if the car needs to go to dealer to update. (probably does as OTA not available yet). Anyway if it is a car system software update this is done by the dealer. I will check what software version we have tomorrow.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Had the problem again on our drive on Monday. Seems to clear if ignored. From another forum I think the latest software is either 210603 or 210723. I have no idea what any updates add or fix or if the car needs to go to dealer to update. (probably does as OTA not available yet). Anyway if it is a car system software update this is done by the dealer. I will check what software version we have tomorrow.
This forum needs a sticky thread to show the latest sw version as this will be a frequent and regular question.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My Ioniq 5 is arriving at the dealers sometime next week. I’ll ask him about making sure its got the latest software on it, but my hopes are not high they will have the facilities to upgrade it should that be required. He wasn’t even sure he’d be able to source any genuine mats for me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is the software installed in our P45 we collected on 4th September. It looks like it was last updated at the end of May, just before it would have shipped aboard the Grande California. No update at Tilbury or at the dealers. We had the problem with many assist warnings coming up as before on todays drive. Our dealer has a special sales weekend coming up, so not worth trying to do anything until next week. Would be good to know if the 210624 software solves the problem.

Font Rectangle Parallel Display device Paper
Font Rectangle Writing Wood Tints and shades

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am still getting random system warnings. Basically I get a sequence of warnings for all the driver assist functions. e.g Lane keep assist, driver attention, speed assist, auto dim headlights etc etc. Has anyone else with this issue found a resolution??

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,619 Posts
I am still getting random system warnings. Basically I get a sequence of warnings for all the driver assist functions. e.g Lane keep assist, driver attention, speed assist, auto dim headlights etc etc. Has anyone else with this issue found a resolution??
Yep we had exactly the same after collecting ours on the way home. Interestingly it happened on a narrow road with no markings every couple of minutes, maybe 6 times in all. When we pulled onto a main road with markings it stopped and has not happened again in 2 days and 300 more miles. I didn't pull over as we weren't using any of the systems it was mentioning.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, it happens to us quite regularly. Our current suspicion is that it's cause by brightness changes as it tends to happen on country roads where there are gaps in the hedgerows.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The issue is RHD specific and there is no current fix available although there is one in the pipeline. It commonly happens when driving up and down hills and will reset when driven on the flat where the camera can see the edges of the road.
It comes up in the log as FR_CMR (Front Camera) System out of calibration.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
We had the list of errors today, repeated several times. Strangely also on country roads.
We collected our car on Friday 17/09 and it appears our software has not been updated despite specifically asking the dealer to do so. Here are our settings:

Font Personal computer Computer Rectangle Parallel

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Electronic device

How have you got the update field in this screen @George56 ?

can anyone please confirm:
IS IT SAFE TO SIMPLY IGNORE THESE ERROR MESSAGES? any word from HUK?
Thanks all, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My Dealer didn't update mine either.

As the Dealer cannot (or will not) donkt, the only way to update at the moment is to download the more recent file from another forum onto a USB and DIY.

However, the issue is down to RHD calibration of the camera, and my understanding is that none of the updates have this yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts