Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought new and used cars for more years than I care to confess on this forum but I've never before had to wait so long for the V5 document to be released by the manufacturer to the dealer in order to release the car to the customer. It will be two weeks tomorrow since I paid the deposit on their ex demo e208 and still no sign of that all-important paperwork. Am I being unreasonable to moan about it? I'm not sure I'll achieve anything but I'm minded to ring Peugeot Customer Services and see if I can get them to fall awake and expedite matters.... Ignore my rumblings folks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm not sure how long my took as it was brand new.

Mine was immediately put on to a Cherished Plate, I was surprised how quick the DVLA have become, but everything else, if it's delayed will be down to COVID. The catch all excuse for everything nowadays.

To be honest your dealer will also be pushing for this in order to sell the car, so I wouldn't be duly concerned.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly what I would have thought but though I remonstrated with the dealer today he was insistent that he and I had to wait for the manufacturer to come up with the damn document. Something to do with Peogeot owning the vehicle so therefore etc., etc. Annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts