Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave leafy a well needed wash today, and while cleaning the wheels I decided to have a feel about to make sure there was no hidden dirt.

The rear arches have an inside lip that was chock full of years of mud, salt and silt!

Do check yours as I thought I had done a good job cleaning, but this needs a finger in to get it all out! Just be careful, mine had no sharp edges but you never know.

·
Registered
497 Posts
@JohnMars said " this needs a finger in to get it all out!"

Maybe a rephrase is in order or am I as bad as @Scorzon ??

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,241 Posts
You all say that but I bet your both going to stick yours in at the next opportune moment!
They are waiting for the cover of darkness. o_O

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Gave leafy a well needed wash today, and while cleaning the wheels I decided to have a feel about to make sure there was no hidden dirt.

The rear arches have an inside lip that was chock full of years of mud, salt and silt!

Do check yours as I thought I had done a good job cleaning, but this needs a finger in to get it all out! Just be careful, mine had no sharp edges but you never know.
I assume you don't get many sheep, panicked by sheepdogs, on the roads down south.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh I have been covered in every human bodily fluid, some you wouldn’t believe existed!

sheep poo is nothing!

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ohhhhhh that would be lovely in this weather!

Did you hear a “thud”?

·
Registered
120 Posts
oh I have been covered in every human bodily fluid, some you wouldn’t believe existed!

Had some weekends like that before I was married ... ahh, memories.. :giggle: It is a good idea to blast the arches and underside of your car with clean water though, salt impregnated mud is an incredibly effective oxidation promoter on mild steel.
Once you get the area clean and dry, good old fashioned waxoyl is highly effective at keeping the tin worm away on exposed sections of bodywork.
I've found the white factory paint on our 2014 leaf to be pretty thin and it's chipped off on several areas subject to stone and grit abrasion :(

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

Check your flaps too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts