Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... except that there will be no next time.

This is what I was confronted with at one of the major MSAs on the M40. It's the one I always stop at as and when I do the M40 as it's exactly 100 miles for me and generally about 2'ish hours depending on what the M25 was like. And would be my last chance saloon in my e-Golf.

Just as well it was one of my 1 in 10 long trips where plan A is to always use my ICE, meaning that I don't need a plan B and my bladder is just fine thanks, and I don't feel the need for a cup of overpriced mud.

I guess had I intended to use my e-Golf then I would have checked Zap Map or one of the others to find out it was knackered, but for me that's not the point.

I just don't need this faffing about and stress when I want to get somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,750 Posts
Does the ecotricity app not show them as unavailable? I'd check that first.

With the speed of the upgrades I would just assume any might be unavailable and have a non ecotricity plan B which is the same as it's always been for CCS owners!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,110 Posts
I really wish that they would make their intentions clear on their social media. Maybe give a week's notice of the upcoming sites to be upgraded so we know which sites are out of action and allow us to plan accordingly?
I've asked them on Twitter to do exactly that.
Given the speed the upgrades are going, it's likely that those units will have been replaced by next week.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm new enough to EVs to have not suffered first hand a mistrust of Ecotricity at MSAs.

But I am very aware of the reputation, and the relative lack of CCS connectors, so the OP did make me wonder why he'd ever plan a "last chance saloon" dependency on an Ecotricity site?

The new Gridserve partnership, and change to new hardware and app/payment methods is very interesting ... and happens to coincide with us getting out more, and the wife having to learn to plan charges more.

We're watching carefully. But a lot of people are not - and I agree that they need to inform people better when they'll be taking sites offline deliberately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts