Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got an Ohme smart charger know anything about the app?
Mine seems to know it’s charging but not what the current charge status is, so it’s saying it’ll be hours longer than it will be.
I’m connected to the UVO app which is all working as usual and the Ohme app seems to be connected to UVO in the I’ve input those details into th Ohme app.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You will find that the app can sometimes look as though it must be charging, but the car's own app shows that it isn't.

The small LCD on the box shows actual activity.

I've asked Ohme to show the same information in the app as you see on the small LCD. I don't know if they can do that, or how close to real time it would be if they could, but I would find it useful.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is charging, both apps seem to recognise that. The UVO app shows (eg) 237 miles, charging to full. The Ohme app shows nothing (- -) for the current miles, target 250 which it thinks will be reached about 2.30am, where as it will hit that at about 10.30pm.

The graph thing on the Ohme also shows progress towards the target, but the timing is all wrong.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I think now that whilst it ‘Thought’ it was connected it just wasn’t and was showing a theoretical charge taking place. Now I’ve stopped the charging on both apps it shows 108 miles, which is what it thought it had put in, whilst the UVO shows 260, the actual SOC.

Quite poor really, at a glance you could think you were charging up and then find an uncharged car in the morning.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You have to join it to UVO (the Ohme) (which I see you've done). When I do that it does retrieve the car charge on a regaulr basis, and STOPs at the percentage I specify in app (*someteims it's out by 1-2%).

Then set a profile. It's easiest to understand if you set a single day everyday "be at 80%" by morning or dimilar rule. It'll then pick best 30 min periods to charge based on the rules you've set (use green energy etc).. It WONT be charging all the time UNLESS you do following:

Disable green stuff (forget name)
Disable time of charging
Disable price cap.

My setup is charge to 75% by 7am every day ... I plug in, it does that.
I ocasionally turn on the price cap section so it will ONLY charge below 7.59p on Agile (which I sometimes lower). Warning if you do this, it won't always fill car overnight, but is a good way to keep charging "cheaper than Go" if you set to say 5p say, it'll only put in units below 5p. Personally I just mostly leave the default cap of 7.59p as it's kept my home use cheaper than go for last 29/31 days.

If you after a "quick" charge then just flip it to max charge mode, and it'll work like a dumb charger.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I’m aware of that stuff, though I don’t bother. We don’t use the car everyday, it just gets charged every week or so at various times.

I’ve had no response from Ohme to my query but this morning it was all connected again. I’d changed nothing since yesterday, it just corrected itself apparently.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I first got my Ohme the current mileage wasn't showing and Ohme said the app didn't yet sync with Kia API. They have updated app so I now see the current mileage and what it will charge to. I've asked Ohme to display this as battery % as well. Silly question but have you got latest update for app? Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling app?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I have the latest app, it does sync with the UVO account and I did delete the app and reinstall yesterday evening.

One odd thing, when I reinstalled I expected to have to log in again but I didn’t, it appeared to be already logged in and still, at the time, 22.30, still had all the wrong numbers.

I did nothing else yesterday, this morning turned on phone and it’s all correct.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Same thing happened to me after the update. I called Ohme and they said update definitely released then ok next day. Seems like it needs a while to sync?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts