Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..... I have a lovely Ohme charger which can't connect to the mobile network, and is therefore a completely dumb charger,. This is a big issue for me because I need accurate VAT records of the consumed power. Anyone got experience of using a signal booster to get connectivity? If so, which network?

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
467 Posts
Ah is this my problem as well. I have very thick walls. Just changing my broadband from vodafone to EE so I'll see if that's better. Hmm...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ah is this my problem as well. I have very thick walls. Just changing my broadband from vodafone to EE so I'll see if that's better. Hmm...
I have got a support call into Ohme, but no reply yet.The product manual says nothing about wifi. Rather it talks of connection over its own 2g/3g/4g sim card (I guess). Page 5 of product manual. But the wall mine is mounted on might have poor reception. hmm.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Easy way to gauge mobile reception is to check your phone signal next to Ohme.
Should give you an idea of how many bars strength their is in that position, on that carrier.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should give you an idea of how many bars strength their is in that position, got that carrier.
zero reception on Three which is my network
However, there is at least some EE reception in the area, hence my question about boosting

·
Registered
125 Posts
So..... I have a lovely Ohme charger which can't connect to the mobile network, and is therefore a completely dumb charger,. This is a big issue for me because I need accurate VAT records of the consumed power. Anyone got experience of using a signal booster to get connectivity? If so, which network?
At present the app only shows the predicted cost for the next scheduled charging session anyway, so I'm not sure you can get 100% accurate information about actual charge cost. Certainly not more than 1 days worth (although they tell me that adding historical data to the App is a planned future feature).

·
Registered
467 Posts
Should give you an idea of how many bars strength their is in that position, on that carrier.
Coincidentally I just checked this, for the very same reason. No problems, but then I didn't stand exactly at the wall. Perhaps I'll retest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts