Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ohme wall charger but should apply to the smart cables as well. Are any Ohme owners able to get their Ohme app to sync with the Kia API and show the SOC of the battery? Initially wouldn't do this and Ohme said no Kia API compatibility. However, was an update this week with Kia API. Now if I change car in app I get the option to use my Kia account login details (this is UVO account not MyKia owner's account). Won't recognise login though and cannot sign in. Says check credentials. Double checked with Kia and account details are correct. Ohme still sees battery as 0%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reported the same bug via the app 20:45. Login screen updated 20:59 with fix. o_O

Might be worth force closing the app and reopening, you should be asked for your pin (same one you use on the uvo app). Seems to be working for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes just checked app again and login screen now changed. Dev team must have had a few complaints and worked on it. Seems fine now except session specific rule is shown as miles but would have liked % charge as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well I’m trying to do it and it just tells me my credentials are wrong. I check the UVO app and find I’m signed out and now it’s telling me my phone number isn’t a valid one and there’s no way of inputting your e mail and getting a password reset sent to it.
Shambolic, in my experience.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Signing back in to the UVO app shouldn't ask for your phone number. I just tried and wants email and password. Try to sign back in to UVO. Sign out of Ohme app then restart phone. Log back in to Ohme app. Go to change car and when you choose Kia this time it asks to account sign in or without sign in. The correct screen in Ohme should ask for email, password and PIN number which are all from your UVO app.
Ohme said are working on making target parameters miles or % charge.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My issue was that when I first set up I’d put a date of birth in incorrectly.
Then when I tried to log back in I’d forgotten my password!
The password reset requires me to put in the DOB and mobile number. As I was not putting in the original incorrect DOB I couldn’t reset.
The support people for the app responded quickly and sorted it for me. Top marks to them though I still don’t like the complexity of the reset, but I would say that wouldn’t I?
All works now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've done as @Chickster suggested (although I didn't need to restart my phone) and it works for me. 😃 The app reports 'Updated long ago. Contacting car...' then the range in number of miles gets updated. Having said this, it's certainly not instant.

I've tried it again this morning and it appears to have stopped communicating with the car. Perhaps Ohme are still ironing out a few wrinkles?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts