Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve set up my Ohme charger programme to charge up my e Niro to 80% By 7am.

However, the last 2 occasions it has fully charged to 100%. any idea what I’m doing wrong?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,424 Posts
Are you sure that your Ohme has an internet connection and is successfully connecting to UVO?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good question! I assume it has an internet connection as I can see the charging details on the app, but don't know for sure if the Ohme app is correctly linked to the UVO app. Is there a way of telling and is this important?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,424 Posts
Good question! I assume it has an internet connection as I can see the charging details on the app, but don't know for sure if the Ohme app is correctly linked to the UVO app. Is there a way of telling and is this important?
Look to see how long it calculates charging will take when connected to a car with a high level of charge, say 70%. If there's no active link to the App the Ohme assumes that the battery is completely empty and allows the time necessary to do that. If you have some charge remaining then it will overshoot the target, and because it is charging for longer than required will not use the optimum set of time slots.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Apologies, but as my name suggests, I am a complete novice to all of this. What exactly is location charging? Is this found in the Ohme app or the UVO app?
Sorry to not have explained better. Location based charging is an option in the in-car charging scheduler. It can be useful if you regularly charge in more than one location and wish to have different charging settings for each. However, it relies on the car acquiring an accurate enough GPS reading to know that it is in one of the places for which you have specified location-based settings; if it fails to do that, as it can if it is a few feet out, it will default to charging immediately up to the limit specified in the car's EV menu, as the car will do if it has no scheduled charging set up at all. Other than this occasional problem that can occur with location-based charging, the car's in-built charging scheduler is extremely reliable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can set the 80% limit in UVO. Open the menu top left - EV Service - Set charge limit.
Works for me. Set on 80% and we just plug in when putting the car away and forget it.
I don’t bother with the Ohme app any more, just didn’t work properly for us. Might try it again after lockdown but just don’t need it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.