Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Rolex dumb charger and was looking at the Ohme cable via Octopus as it is currently £199.

My other option is scheduled charging but has anyone found this 100% reliable as I specifically want to take advantage of my 5p night tariff. At the moment I am leaning towards Ohme as it offers more.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you use Ohme for all the charging and do nothing with the car in terms of charging settings, it will work perfectly well.

You'll just need to set a price limit of 5p in the Ohme app and the rest looks after itself. This is for 0564 and 0792 software.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just (literally 5 mins ago) had my Ohme wall charger installed. car coming in 1 hr. lthere is no point in me setting up timed charging atm as I'm 14p all the time. I can switch to another provider in June then hopefully the Ohme will show it's class.

I've been told by the installer it's very straightforward to set up timed charging soley through the charger so GL OP. I was going to get the cable only but not being on octopus it wasn't the best option.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone managed to connect the OHME to their VW account? When I try it tells me to check my credentials & won't let me log in.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You can't. VW haven't released the api credentials for the app to allow third parties to view the server version of your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts