Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt we will ever see the same headline for Saudi Arabia but it is quite an achievement for EV's in Norway to have a 15% share of new car sales!
Its also surprising that Norway is seen as a cold country (not always true having worked there) and that range anxiety can be increased with heater use.

It also has a lot to do with very high import duty on cars which I understand is zero rated or very low for EV's.

Still, it does show that incentives to work and that mainstream drivers can use EV's.

http://ecomento.com/2014/10/24/norways-electric-car-love-affair-in-a-nutshell/

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
With hydroelectric generation covering over 98% of total electricity demand you can see why Norway is encouraging motorists to use EVs.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I lived in Sandvika (near Oslo) for a few months back in the eighties, and they were very energy aware back then. Most kitchens had a Kw meter so they could avoid coincidental loads and minimize peak demand. Having nearly 100% renewable electricity and having to suffer the acid rain from our coal fired electricity generation, it comes as no surprise that they snap up electric transportation and I suspect they still would even without the massive tax incentives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts