Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been over and over, can't locate it. Where is it. What is it?

·
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the impression that it was from tailgate trim, and this isn't. But if it was/is, then what is it? I don't have time nor a convenient dealer to go to, just tell me where it is please, someone?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
524 Posts
I understand it is due to excess weld on the tailgate. Fix is to remove trim, grind away excess metal, repaint and re fit trim.

·
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is the 'screen shot' of this video showing something different to its content?

The 'image' suggests the right hand black trim, and the content the plastic trim of the boot.

I did watch this video a few days back, and so I tried fixing the trim and it wasn't that.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,106 Posts
Locking mechanism? Mine rattled like a swine.

Is there an underfloor junk holder with bits in that could also rattle?

·
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Locking mechanism? Mine rattled like a swine.

Is there an underfloor junk holder with bits in that could also rattle?
I am checking those next. Underfloor seems OK, will try jamming some foam in the locking mechanism for tomorrow.

I am going through each thing and want to know which it is. No point doing 'everything' at once and 'it's one of them', need to know what it is.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Why is the 'screen shot' of this video showing something different to its content?

The 'image' suggests the right hand black trim, and the content the plastic trim of the boot.

I did watch this video a few days back, and so I tried fixing the trim and it wasn't that.
I think you have to buy some u shape rubber to fit don't you? Did you do that?

·
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you have to buy some u shape rubber to fit don't you? Did you do that?
.. and put them on what? :)

I have removed the trim completely and am driving around with no trim on the tail gate. It is still making the noise. = Not that!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Same, I tried Craig’s suggestion of adding the rubber trim, it has reduced a lot of the creaks but the main rattle is still very much there.

·
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My mission to track it down, then!

I am inclined to think it might actually be a suspension issue, under body. If I have not tracked an internal source by the weekend, I'll get the torch out and see what's under there.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,338 Posts
Zoes make a lot of creaks and squeaks and rattles - try having a 5 year old one, it's like a bag of spanner-wielding ferrets, you just end up turning the radio up :)

Affordable EV manufacturing budgets only go so far.

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
709 Posts
Has it got rubber grommets that you can adjust for how tightly its closes against the latch & for shut line adjustment? I've had those creak on & groan on other cars as body/tailgate flexes whilst driving, solution was silicon spray on surfaces of those parts...

·
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has it got rubber grommets that you can adjust for how tightly its closes against the latch & for shut line adjustment? I've had those creak on & groan on other cars as body/tailgate flexes whilst driving, solution was silicon spray on surfaces of those parts...
I am hopeful it is that. I can resolve that. Will be testing this theory today.

·
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zoes make a lot of creaks and squeaks and rattles - try having a 5 year old one, it's like a bag of spanner-wielding ferrets, you just end up turning the radio up :)

Affordable EV manufacturing budgets only go so far.
TBH in every other respect, this ZE50 is really very solid. It is just this cricking noise. The black window trim pieces, at waist level, sometimes rattle but not too often and a quick 'tap' puts them right.

The 'crick' is a bigun in the context of any other bodywork noises.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts