Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst out on a narrow road yesterday the car did not like going near the centre white line and dragged me away and the lane being narrow dragged me back again from the side of the road only to drag me back away from the centre white line and causing the car to continually oscillate like a snake

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think you have the Lane Assist feature on. I've never actually used it, only Lane Warning, as it seems like a feature of most use on motorways and the like. But I think that's its likely behaviour in a narrow lane

TBH I routinely switch even Lane Detection off as I find the warnings irritating in local driving.

(Apologies I may have the names of the features wrong, without looking in the manual.)

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I think you have the Lane Assist feature on. I've never actually used it, only Lane Warning, as it seems like a feature of most use on motorways and the like. But I think that's its likely behaviour in a narrow lane

TBH I routinely switch even Lane Detection off as I find the warnings irritating in local driving.

(Apologies I may have the names of the features wrong, without looking in the manual.)
I agree.
Not really suited for tight country lanes.
More your motorway type of driving.
Turned mine OFF in the first couple of weeks.
Feed up with the thing pecking my head all the time !.
An option I can never see me using to be honest.
I am getting on in age now, but I still consider my reaction times etc better than that fancy mumbo jumbo.
When I need to rely purely on the tech of the car to get me from home to the super market, I will consider handing in my driving license :ROFLMAO: .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes somewhat unnerving, my bottoms departure lounge exit doors nearly burst open, not a good thing whilst all public toilets are closed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts