Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are only few of the ecotricty slow chargers left and they only take the RFID card. Help I pass one frequently.

Ecotricity aren't giving out new ones (requested several times) anyone willing to part with one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried my Ecotricity RFID card that I purposely got for the AC units at Leicester Forest East at the end of November and it didn't work reporting card not recognised. I contacted Ecotricity and they replied as follows:

We’re planning to make some changes to our AC medium units in early January. When these changes come into effect, you will not require an RFID card; you can just plug the cable in and charge.

So chances are you now don't need one and can just plug in. The reason for this is that all public chargers should be accessible on an ad-hoc basis with no card/subscription and these type were not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tried my Ecotricity RFID card that I purposely got for the AC units at Leicester Forest East at the end of November and it didn't work reporting card not recognised. I contacted Ecotricity and they replied as follows:

We’re planning to make some changes to our AC medium units in early January. When these changes come into effect, you will not require an RFID card; you can just plug the cable in and charge.

So chances are you now don't need one and can just plug in. The reason for this is that all public chargers should be accessible on an ad-hoc basis with no card/subscription and these type were not.
I've gotten the same response when trying to follow up on ordering cards. They weren't able to give me exact dates 'in January', but apparently should basically not involve a card to plug in. Not sure if there will be any interface or if you literally just plug in and unplug. I'm hoping to test out some of them next week to check, if I manage to I'll report back!

·
Registered
381 Posts

Thanks for this - I'd got exactly that far (to the same services in fact!) - but had lost interest and not got round to calling Ecotricity. I do now have a spare RFID card which I've registered to the local Engenie chargers so there was some use to it all!

·
Registered
Ioniq
617 Posts
If EH have said they're changing things this month then I look forward to seeing them actually implementing it in about a year and a half :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
If EH have said they're changing things this month then I look forward to seeing them actually implementing it in about a year and a half :)
When I tried to pin down a date, they responded:
"I’m afraid we don’t have a specific date were [sic] still in the process of trial and error, but as soon as we do finish the process, we will be switching all the pumps as soon as possible."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts