Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed about 6+ years ago, my Polar charger has stopped charging.
There is a red warning triangle on the screen, so it is receiving power from the house.
BP does not want to know unless I will replace. He did suggest switch off at fuse fore 30 mins and then back on - and try it - but no luck.
HELP
Does anyone do call outs to fix these old units - or do I now need to replace? And, if so, who is best?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
There is a red warning triangle on the screen, so it is receiving power from the house.
BP does not want to know unless I will replace. He did suggest switch off at fuse fore 30 mins and then back on - and try it - but no luck.
HELP
Does anyone do call outs to fix these old units - or do I now need to replace? And, if so, who is best?
Out of interest, we’re there any warnings signs prior to failure like say having to reboot the unit every x charges before it would work? Cheers

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
HELP
There's a few posts on this forum showing how to replace the junk circuit boards with easily obtainable DinRail mounted contactor, controller etc.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had a Polar unit fitted at my mum’s house back in 2013 so I could charge there to drive back home. From memory, the red triangle indicates an earth fault. Does the car charge ok on other chargers? Worth eliminating that the unit isn’t indicating an actual fault before spending any money on fixing it.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
If it fails again, you can contact evbitz.uk who repair EVSEs at a very reasonabe price. This is done by scrapping the circuit boiard & installing DIN rail + Viridian ECU, plus a few other bits as required. You'll lose any "smartness" that may have existed before...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts