Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
3,684 Posts
However, I have not seen the contents discussed in any EV fora - interesting?
The real challenge IMO is that the number of EV drivers is very small and we don't yet have enough people with the time and financial resources required to provide a professional response to OLEV.

Although I'm involved (via ZCW) in OLEV, SMMT, and the fledgling charging vendors Industry group, I've decided to wait until we have a lot more electric car drivers before investing more personal effort in this... that said, I will ensure that ZCW submits evidence to OLEV and I strongly suggest that all drivers do the same.

· Banned
3,684 Posts
I think we are all grateful for you efforts in OLEV and SMMT; however, there is a huge risk to EV democracy if you are telling OLEV and SMMT what you have articulated here!
I don't need to tell OLEV or SMMT anything... I'm simply reflecting what they believe based on the representations they have received from EV drivers to date (which is nothing!). I'm also not obliged to represent anyones views other than my own, although I have canvased widely in the past prior to every meeting and tried to put drivers views across. I should probably also mention that I was one of the driving forces behind the creation of EVDA and EVAS so that you have no doubt that I think effective driver participation is critical.

I strongly suggest you get involved in the process and make sure your views are heard by OLEV... nothing anyone says on any forum will make the slightest difference... talk is easy, action is more difficult!

· Banned
3,684 Posts
I don't think for one moment that your efforts are (or have been) biased; however, with your commercial interests you are definitely 'at risk'?
It's a tightrope and I do everything possible to keep the various parts of my life apart and provide trasnparency where possible. For example, I'm a major supporter of a medical charity and my US business interests are in Medical IT... the potential for conflict exists but we have lots of third party checks in place.

in the view of EV Matters
Can I suggest you create a signature reflecting the fact that you are representing EV Matters in your posts? IMO it's important that drivers understand the motivations behind the participants on a public forum... many thanks :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.