Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the paperwork for the OLEV grant back in December 2019. My electric Mini was due in May but now who knows with the factory shut.....
I believe you get 9 months after the grant is submitted so if I don’t get my car by August does that mean the grant will have to be resubmitted at the lower £3000 level? There’s nothing on the OLEV website about delays caused by COVID-19.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My understanding is that as long as you have a VIN number, your sumbission can go through and you can get the charger installed (at least, they can ship the charger to you, then install it when field staff are operating again). So you shouldn't have to wait for your car to be actually delivered. Do you have the car VIN number yet, or can the dealer get it for you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already had my charger installed that’s another issue as you need the car within 4 months to get the grant paid. I can see that coming back to bite me too if I don’t get the car before August.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Already had my charger installed that’s another issue as you need the car within 4 months to get the grant paid. I can see that coming back to bite me too if I don’t get the car before August.
That's why I'm waiting before I have a firm delivery date before getting a charger installed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wouldn't read too much into the charger install or any other grant. I genuinely believe they don't actually care. So long as the money that's being used was for the installation of a charger, the rest of just fluff to make it all look good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts