Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone was saying last week about the first of the OLEV chargers now being three years old...

I thought at the time "that means they'll be on Ebay soon..."

Well ladies and gents, I give you...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221481349133

Read the description. It sums up a lot of what's been said about OLEV recently...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Where is the dislike button.

Let's be honest the OLEV money should have been pumped into supplying Rapid chargers at each service station and key areas around the UK.

This would make domestic charging station prices competitive (£300ish) and an easy install shouldn't cost you no more than £100 tested and inspected.

Oh well, I can't grumble I've had a 32A tethered installed for £120. But its frightening to think how many of the charging stations that have been installed had no intention of being used!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
There are no OLEV domestic chargers that are 3 years old as the free offers only came about after the launch of the about-to-end Domestic Chargepoint grant that was launched in February 2013. Whoever said there are 3yo OLEV domestic chargers is incorrect.

I note this is one of ours - I'll look into it. Can't promise to report back, though - nothing untoward is evident.

Reactions: Andy

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark, I must have missed something then. Generally speaking then, who 'paid' for this charger? And how much?

·
Super Moderator
11,714 Posts
Boxed & Virtually New! Had been professionally installed in covered garage however never used.
It was almost certainly OLEV grant funded. If that is the case, we the taxpayers paid about £750 for it including installation.

Not surprised, just disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
11,714 Posts
I note this is one of ours - I'll look into it. Can't promise to report back, though - nothing untoward is evident.

Thanks for that. Some policing may reduce the amount of fraud. At a minimum maybe you can get eBay to pull the auction. Does EDF have to pay back the grant if the charger is removed from service before three years?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
It looks exactly like my tehtered type 1 except mine has a British Gas logo instead of EDF. I paid full price for it when I got my leaf 3 years ago. I assume he is in the same position and wants to sell it on

·
Registered
385 Posts
My PodPoint installer left me all the packaging and contents as it was cheaper for me to dispose of them as a householder than he as a business.

A neighbour also had one installed and they accidentally left a complete 7kW unit behind. Unfortunately when he phoned them a week later to remind them they came and collected it the next day.

·
Super Moderator
11,714 Posts

Seller ended the auction. Did someone here send them a private message?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts