Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my current EV home charger over 3 years ago with an OLEV grant. The EV that I had when I applied for the OLEV grant is different to the EV that I have now. I'm about to move house and would like to take the EV charger with me. I'm keen on getting solar in due course and really would like one of the newer EV chargers like a Zappie to help utilise the solar generation.

1. As the charger is over 3 years old, do I still need to let OLEV people know that the charger is moving?
2. Because my EV and my address are different to those that were used for my first OLEV grant, am I eligible to get a new EV charger at the new address?
3. If yes, will they still install the new EV charger with OLEV grant even if my old EV charger is installed at the property?

As an additional question, if I'm removing the charger from my current address, I'd like to get a qualified electrician to leave the exposed wires in a safe way. The electrician I use may not be familiar with EV chargers, so should the EV charger wires be made safe in anyway different to any other electrical wiring that needs to be made safe in the same way?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
  1. You are not obliged to. You may devalue the property and be subject to questions as to why it was removed.

2. Yes.

3. Subject to the DNO accepting the total load. However, there may be an issue with the first charge point not being fitted by a registered person and not notified unless you get an approved electrician to do the reinstall and certification which may (as in probably will) require considerably more effort than the original install as the safety regs are a lot tighter.

4. There is nothing more complicated than normal about removing the charge point and making safe, but it will not look attractive to a purchaser.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts