Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I charged the i3 for a few hours on the granny cable. I recently got solar PV installed, and a Zappi charger, but the clamps aren't in place yet to enable the Zappi to only use excess so I was soaking up some extra juice via the granny.

Plugged in again a little while later, but then knocked the plug off at the socket in the house as I was called out unexpectedly.

After disconnecting that second charge, the car displayed an "unable to charge" error. It cleared after a few seconds and the car seemed fine.

However overnight the car was plugged in, but didn't charge. I stopped by a rapid this morning and charged on CCS without an issue, but I then tried connecting the fast AC plug, and it wouldn't charge at all.

Any suggestions? Did I trip something when I knocked off the plug at the socket? Anything I can do or am I looking at a potential expensive repair?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well oddly, it started working again later in the day. Panic over!

I wouldn't have thought that heat was the issue, the car was in the shade, had only been charging for about an hour and a half on the granny cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts