Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to the community, so hello to everyone stay safe and have a nice xmas! in the mean time can anyone help me please I am desperately in need of a gen 1 onboard charger or anyone who can repair the circuit boards inside? it will not slow charge I have done all the tests according to official workshop manual and the result is replace onboard charger, taken the circuit boards out of the charger and one board has the smell! can’t visually see any burnt out bits but the smell to me indicates something or somethings have blown.
So does anybody know of anybody who has a good working one, or maybe someone who can repair them? All and any information would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, please write the part number of your charger. There were several revisions. I have a couple of them.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, please write the part number of your charger. There were several revisions. I have a couple of them.

Hi thanks for such quick help what a community! it says 296ao 3na5a is that what you need? Many thanks again would make my Xmas if you have one!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi I’m new to the community, so hello to everyone stay safe and have a nice xmas! in the mean time can anyone help me please I am desperately in need of a gen 1 onboard charger or anyone who can repair the circuit boards inside? it will not slow charge I have done all the tests according to official workshop manual and the result is replace onboard charger, taken the circuit boards out of the charger and one board has the smell! can’t visually see any burnt out bits but the smell to me indicates something or somethings have blown.
So does anybody know of anybody who has a good working one, or maybe someone who can repair them? All and any information would be gratefully received.
Cleverly Motors might also be able to help as I see Indra had been already mentioned.
Cleevely Motors | Car Maintenance and Servicing Cheltenham
Also other members of HEVRA are candidates HEVRA- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Repair Alliance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
292c0 3na0b.

here's the online factory catalogues, covers many makes and you can open an account and order through them Auto Catalogs - AUTO SPARE PARTS ONLINE STORE

With the help of this catalogue you can check if the model number above fits your car.

Hi
Thanks very much for photo’s but looking at the shape & checking that excellent site you gave me unfortunately it’s not compatible with mine (grr) but hey the search goes on, please keep me on your list if you hear of anyone dismantling a gen 1 thanks again
Kev

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hi
Thanks very much for photo’s but looking at the shape & checking that excellent site you gave me unfortunately it’s not compatible with mine (grr) but hey the search goes on, please keep me on your list if you hear of anyone dismantling a gen 1 thanks again
Kev
Ring Indra. They have loads of gen 1 spares.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ring Indra. They have loads of gen 1 spares.
Yeh spoke to a lady there but she said they don’t do a lot with the leafs now but gave me a number of a guy who used to work there who maybe could help he works for himself now, had a really nice chat with him and he says he will speak to someone he knows there and find out,
Thanks kev

·
Registered
2012 24kw upgraded to 40kw
212 Posts
Have you tried these EV breakers ?
www.evbreakers.com
[email protected]

(0044) 02830 839 535
(0044) 078 4314 3699

I've not used them myself yet, so can't vouch for their services... (and apologies if it too obvious a suggestion !)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you tried these EV breakers ?
www.evbreakers.com
[email protected]

(0044) 02830 839 535
(0044) 078 4314 3699

I've not used them myself yet, so can't vouch for their services... (and apologies if it too obvious a suggestion !)
No, like I said all help gratefully received! but yes that was my first port of call, but unfortunately they couldn’t help me with a generation 1,

·
Registered
2012 24kw upgraded to 40kw
212 Posts
No, like I said all help gratefully received! but yes that was my first port of call, but unfortunately they couldn’t help me with a generation 1,
OK, another suggestion. Have you tried companies that could diagnose and repair the board which you believe is knackered ?

I've had a circuit board repaired - albeit not one from my Leaf. This firm;
Gordon McIntosh - General Manager
MCI Electronics Ltd.
27 Castle Road,
Bankside Industrial Estate,
Falkirk,
FK2 7UY.

Tel: 01324 611371
Mobile: 07912 293 580

E-Mail: [email protected]
Web: www.mcielectronics.co.uk
One of the things i'd be concerned about, before repair, is understanding why it broke. Yes, it could just be worn out or a poor bit of kit, but it may have been secondary to something else. There's a chance that if you fix the board and put it back, it'll go pop again (?).
My grease-monkey days are well behind me, and i'm not well versed in electrical diagnosis and repair...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts